“Adequate, clean, but so noisy!” 2 of 5 stars

Super 8 Chico
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   655 Manzanita Ct, Chico, CA 95926   |
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Eugene, Oregon
“Adequate, clean, but so noisy!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We got into town very late and only had a few hours to sleep. The room was fine, simple and clean. The main downside to this place was the bare minimum toiletries (no conditioner or lotion) and the noise. I happen to be a very light sleeper, and I could hear what sounded like every single door open, sink run, and toilet flush. Not to mention that the toilet made a loud screeching sound when you flushed it... and once in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. Great place if you are on a budget and are a heavy sleeper though!

Service was friendly and we were able to cancel our second night to go stay at the next-door Holiday Inn... which if you can afford the ~$35 price jump, was well worth the extra money!

Room Tip: Maybe choose one not by an outside door...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Super8Chico, General Manager at Super 8 Chico, responded to this review, September 8, 2014

Thank you for commenting our your stay with us.
As a valued member of the Super 8 Chico, your feedback is very important to us and I can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.
We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours. We hope to see you again!

Mr Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Best experience. I stay here weekly due to work. Staff is awesome. They make sure I have my reservations weekly, set up daily wake up calls and always recommend great places to eat. I've been staying at this hotel for the past year and they have replace the beds since and they lovely for a great night's rest. Great location but had to find, behind Denney's. Only bad thing is stairs but you learn to call or request a special floor. They are great in trying to keep us in the same room every time we stay. I want to thank Jennifer for all the things she does for me and all my workers while we stay at Super 8.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Ukiah, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

First of all, the staff is downright cheerful and welcoming. The rooms are very clean. We have stayed in other hotels in Chico and even the more expensive ones were not as clean as these rooms. The bathroom was spotless--this is very important to me. The location is ideal, near the Hwy 99 onramp, shopping, restaurantsf. There is even a guest laundry which is great when traveling.

Room Tip: Winter Rates are unbeatable
  • Stayed March 2011
Super8Chico, Manager at Super 8 Chico, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Thanks for the great comment. Yes, we love our staff, too. They are happy and waiting to help you with all your needs during your stay with us. For our price, we're the best. Cheap but yet affordable. Beds are new and great to get some rest. It was great having you stay with us. Please feel free to contact our clerks to make your next reservations for when you visit Chico, again. Thanks again for letting us be your Super Destination!
Sacramento, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

I haven't encountered this much pathology in many a year.

We (supposedly) made a reservation for friends at this Super 8 and paid a "special rate." The motel had a clear understanding--or so we thought--that our friends would be arriving about 2 o'clock in the morning.

When my friends got there, there were (of course) no rooms. The reservation apparently had been made for a different date. They were subjected to a lecture (delivered in a near scream) on the necessity of examining reservations closely. They did get their money back, but there was no offer to help them find a room in another motel.

They finally did find a room on their own about 20 miles away.

Welcome to Chico.

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Super8Chico, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Chico, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
We are sorry that your experience at the Super 8 Hotel in Chico did not meet your expectations. Not sure whom made your reservations. When guests are early in the morning, they don't always realize they need to hold the room for the night prior so the room will be waiting for them when they arrived. Not sure which desk clerk might have been on shift at your time of check in but we have all be advised if we can't help a guest we do try to help them find another place to stay.

We thank you for your candidness. We've appreciated your business in the past and hope you will feel comfortable enough to try us again in the future if you would let us know when you are traveling to Chico, again. Please contact me personally, Jennifer. And I'll help you with all your reservation needs.
Oroville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Decided to get away for a couple days to the next town over from us, so we booked through Expedia into the Super 8 Motel located in Chico California. When we got there, we were told that the only rooms that were available were on the third floor, which we did not know when we booked the room, which we also didn't know they did not have an elevator in their motel at all. That was just the beginning of the bad trip. now in the room, which were very small, the air wasn't on and the room was over 85 degrees inside, and the air conditioners in this motel are very slow, it took 7 hours for it to cool down to the mid 70's in there. I brought my laptop with me, and was going to be online like i normally am, but when i went to surf the net, the connection kept disconnecting on me. i was able to get a stronger connection from the hotel next door and if i had an access code i would have used their internet instead. I tried everything in my power to do something online, but nothing worked. finally i got frustrated and decided to go to bed, that was a nightmare too, the bed was broken down and horrible! i think i would have gotten a better night sleep on the floor! the next day i woke up with a sore back, in a bad mood, because i keep waking up in the middle of the night from the mattress on the bed hurting my back, and the huge stadium light shining directly through my window from the parking lot! so i decided to take a shower and go get something to eat while they cleaned the room ( i had previously asked them to clean at a certain time the day before) the shower head in the shower was put in at about 4 feet high, and im 6 foot, not a comfortable thing to do. so after that i went to lunch and came back to relax. to my surprise my room was not finished, 2 hours later. the sheets were off the bed, but no one was in there finishing up the room. so i left again for a little while. came back an hour later and still not finished, so i told the front desk, they said the cleaning people were on a break and would finish it in a few minutes, I was very upset i had to wait as long as i did in the first place, come to find out they were in one of the big suites sitting around laughing and watching tv, having a good time, while i was waiting for my room to be cleaned that i paid for. that night my traveling companion complained and had us transferred to another room, and they put us in their big suite which was basically an under furnished larger size of their regular room, which was dirty, and the walls were full of holes and cracks. I was quite upset, their way of attempting to fix it? 25% off our next stay at that motel only.. yet when you book through their website you can get a 15% discount right now as a regular guest! how stupid! DONT GO TO THIS MOTEL.. better off sleeping in your car!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

It was a pain carrying suitcases upstairs to the third floor, but the room was adequate. Had to log back in everytime my computer went to sleep, which was a pain. The super breakfast was a joke. I've never seen a breakfast area so cramped. It's one person at a time in the serving area. Cold cereal, juice and English muffin, that's all folks!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

My employer owes me a medal of valor for staying here to save a few bucks. When the desk clerk couldn't find the reservation, I should have seized the chance to make a getaway. Instead, two dreary nights followed, made worse because it was inflicted on my wife and daughter, who were traveling with me. The property is filthy: windows haven't been cleaned in years, and slapping the bed cover raises clouds of dust. The postage sized swimming pool looked clean from a distance, though I never saw anyone near it--why bother, when it's not much larger than a bathroom tub? The Motel 6 next door didn't appear to have a pool, but it's posted rate was lower, and the rooms couldn't possibly have been any worse. The favorable reviews of the continental breakfast are puzzling: it is grim. And since when do a couple of bananas and an apple constitute a delightful repast? This place left a sour taste for Chico, which is unfortunate. If this is your only option, consider sleeping in your car.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Super8Chico, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Chico, responded to this review, September 8, 2014

Mr Patel

Been to Super 8 Chico? Share your experiences!