“One of the best B&B's I've stayed in!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Johnson's Country Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chico
Johnson's Country Inn
You added Johnson's Country Inn to your Saves list
3935 Moorhead Avenue, Chico, CA 95928   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Chico B&B and Inns
Boise, Idaho
“One of the best B&B's I've stayed in!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

So I was expecting a nice B&B since my travel companion (former college roommate) has good friends who stay at Johnson's Country Inn every year for their engagement anniversary. But what we experienced was so far above and beyond the normal B&B experience! First Joan and David are delightful hosts who could not be more friendly. On both mornings of our stay, they joined us for breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, it was delicious on both mornings. On our first morning, they served a poached pear, followed by oatmeal pancakes and bacon. The second morning, we had a delicious egg casserole with potatoes, scones, multigrain bread, and fruit. We were also offered delicious orange juice on both days, along with copious amount of coffee.

The room was gorgeous and huge. We stayed in the downstairs French Country room (can't remember the exact name). The only downside was that it is next to the kitchen, so if you're a light sleeper, you might hear them preparing breakfast.

One thing I've never seen before is the selection of several wines and liqueurs for their guests to help themselves to 24/7. They even had some additional liqueur upstairs for the upstairs rooms. I discovered a chocolate wine, Choco Noir, which was one of their offerings. I'm hooked on it now. Had to swing by a Raley's in CA before heading home to pick up a bottle of it to take home.

I could go on and on but suffice it to say that this is a delightful, magical place to stay. I felt like I'd been visiting family but without the stresses and tensions of family dynamics. :-) I highly recommend Johnson's Country Inn!

Room Tip: The French Country room downstairs is beautiful and roomy, though it can be a bit noisy in the morni...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Campbell, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This B&B is not a house conversion, it was designed and constructed for the purpose of being a B&B. It's a beautiful, quiet, clean, and comfortable place to stay. It's a short drive from town and away from any party noise that might keep you up if you were staying in a hotel. Why on earth would you stay in a hotel when you can stay here, feel like you're at home, and be served a home cooked breakfast with farm fresh fruit? The next time I come to visit Chico, I'd love to stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Pacifica CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed Sat. night a couple of weeks ago. An absolutely lovely place nestled in almond orchards just outside Chico. Beautiful shady grounds. Our room was spacious (with AC, very important in Chico in the summer!), and a nice bathroom too. Breakfast was scrumptious, with a fruit dish and a quiche starring. Our hosts, David and Joan, were gracious (and funny!). Excellent value, and we will be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stayed two nights last weekend with my wife. We wanted to escape the gloomy cold of San Francisco, and this was the perfect spot. Nestled among almond orchards (which we were encouraged to wander through), this is actually a new-ish house with great amenities and friendly hosts. Breakfast was great. The perfectly manicured lawn has a badminton net set up. There's a great big porch where you can sip some wine while watching the finches at the bird feeder.
David and Joan were great hosts, sat and talked with us for quite a while, telling us about the area, where to eat, what to do. Burgers and beers at Madison Bear Garden was a great suggestion. We joked that the bedroom was almost the size of our apartment. It was great. Wifi works perfect. Parking was no problem. And breakfast included perfectly fresh fruit and bacon.
I would come back here in a flash. Thanks so much!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I just stayed here for 2 nights on father's day weekend with my parents. What a lovely place right in the middle of the Orchards a quick skip from town. A lovely friendly couple runs the house and the food is delicious! The house is modern built with an old fashioned feeling so you get the modern comforts with charm. Great artwork all over the house. What a gem!

Room Tip: My parents have knee troubles so the one room on the first floor worked out perfectly.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Squaw Valley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Great place, bargain for the price, wonderful hosts.

Room Tip: The Icart Room on the ground floor is wonderful for the handicapped, or those wanting a larger room...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

We' were amazed how a place in the middle of an orchard could also be just minutes from the hubbub of downtown Chico. David and Joan are great hosts. We'd love to return in the summer to take advantage of the porch and other grounds. They have some really nice art though out and our themed room had some nice pieces plus a great furniture set (Jarret room). Not your normal B&B stuff. Bed was a little soft for me but that's personal taste. Wifi worked flawlessly.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Johnson's Country Inn? Share your experiences!