“Comfy good value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Antlers Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chester
Antlers Motel
You added Antlers Motel to your Saves list
268 Main Street, Highway 36, Chester, CA 96020   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Chester
San Mateo, CA
“Comfy good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Antlers room very clean, attractive and spacious for our family of four, including two TALL teen guys. Lots of drawer space handy for a three-day stay. Staff friendly and helpful -- stellar dining recommendations, for example. Chester is centrally located for Lassen National Park and Lake Almanor destinations. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Downstairs room can be noisy, depending on upstairs neighbors.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Wilmington, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I travelled 8,500 miles this summer through national parks and stayed at a wide variety of places. I had spoken to the owner prior to my arrival and was nicely welcomed. The room met all my expectations: it was clean, had a clean bathroom and a TV that worked. The owner recommended me to the restaurant at Almanor West Country Club...very good.

As a real plus, the housekeeper was willing to let me use her vacuum to clean the floor of my vehicle. She insisted on doing it herself, and did it more thoroughly that I would have!

The room itself was straightforward - nothing special. The personal touches made the difference here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Rancho Murieta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

My wife and I have been staying here for years and all of those years Ed and Cheryl have managed the establishment to an extraordinary level. So, when we visited this trip and found out there was new management we had some trepidation. Our concerns were unfounded as Scott and his staff took care of us at the level we were accustomded to. This establishment is still the best bang for your buck when visiting the Lake Almanor area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

45 min from the South entrance to Lassen Volcanic National Park, and only 15 min from the Warner Valley entrance, this is a good choice to stay when you visit the park. The rooms are large, clean, and well decorated - clearly a large step up from a basic motel. Very friendly staff, and the main street coffee bar and Kopper Kettle restaurant were less than 200 yards away. The Knotbumper restaurant is next door too, though we did not go there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

The Antlers Motel actually IS the "cutest little thing in Chester." The decor is far from hotel-basic and the location couldn't be better. Directly across the street is the only grocery store and right next door and across the street are two of the most popular restaurants, and I had a nice sandwich at the Knotbumper.

The motel itself is very clean. Serta beds are nice and comfy. Satellite TV was an unexpected plus in a mountain area. Even treated myself to a little "ambience" with the electric fireplace. All in all, I felt like I was in the woods - but a nice, clean, temperature-controlled version.

Rates are better than the Best Western down the street BY FAR, as well as the attitude of the staff. If I wanted a Bay Area mentality, I could have stayed at the BW - but I came to Chester for a getaway, so corporate America was not for me. This mom and pop shop was a delightful find and I will be back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

1. RIGHT IN the center of the town (well.. it's not really a big town.. but it was nice to have everything within a block from my room)
2. Room is very clean..elegantly furnished.. huge bathroom and separate area with sink.. (two sinks actually).. Free and reliable and fast internet connection..
3. Dish network, refrigerator and wifi in the office area..
3. Very helpful and friendly staff.. went out of his way to make me feel comfortable..
4. Price was extremely reasonable... other two hotels were charging 50% more on the same day and they weren't any better..

IF anything.. I would really like to see a slightly bigger TV.. i mean.. the one they have right now, seemed like a 17 inch LCD!! But, it wasn't much of a problem to me..

I will definitely go back..

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Nürensdorf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Super geniales Motel mit grossen frisch renovierten Zimmern. Moderne Einrichtung. Ruhig und friedlich. Idealer Ausgangsort zum Lassen Volcanic National Park. Zu beachten ist, dass das Restaurant neben dem Motel am 8 Uhr (abends) bereits schliesst da Chester ein eher "verschlafenes" Dorf ist...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Antlers Motel? Share your experiences!