“Fantastic Place to Relax” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pier View Suites

and 1 more site!
You added Pier View Suites to your Saves list
Pier View Suites
12 N Ocean Avenue, Pier View Plaza, Cayucos, CA 93430 (Formerly Cayucos Pier View Suites)   |
Offers & Announcements
3 NIGHT DISCOUNT
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Cayucos
Moorpark, California
“Fantastic Place to Relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We've stayed at the Cayucos Pier View Suites several times and have always been happy. We bring our two dogs who are welcomed with special treats. Connie and her staff are great. Great view, clean rooms and excellent service. Couldn't ask for more. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I booked another venue nearby for 1 week but left after 1 night we were in search of a place to stay in the area it was between Christmas & New Years so good luck to us we thought. We were in a coffee shop in this little beach town on line looking for a possible hotel to spend the rest of our days in the area. My husband noticed there was a place upstairs which he noticed a vacancy sign. Being the snob I am I did not have high hopes since it was above a coffee shop. Boy was I ever wrong. This place is amazing in so many ways! First the full on Pacific Ocean view, the accommodations are the cleanest I ever stayed in including my own home which is clean, the owner was a delight to do business with. Only 1 drawback they only had 3 nights available! There are only 7 suites so I don't want the popularity to grow too much since we will definitely return.

Room Tip: can't go wrong only 7 suites
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I absolutely loved my experience here. The staff was so sweet and helpful especially about telling us the best restaurants in the area. The room and entire hotel was clean and neat. I couldn't of asked for a better stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The staff is super friendly and helpful. The suite was immaculate and the hotel is located perfectly to walk to the beach, pier, restaurant and shops.
We were traveling with kids, and it worked out well. Kitchen is fully appointed with everything you need to prepare meals. Furnishings are modern, yet practical. We enjoyed our stay and as we watched the Pacific Ocean and the passers-by on Ocean Dr. from our balcony, I felt we were the envy of the other visitors.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Cabana Suite
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Was in Cayucos and thought it might be nice to spend the extra money for a nice luxurious hotel. As we were checking out, a woman - the owner, I think - came into the room and said "You have a baby. Why? This isn't the Motel 6 where you can just have a baby. You're going to owe us some more money" Not only was this an extremely rude way to address the issue, but she proceeded to argue with us, accusing us of lying when we checked in. Not only had I put our child in the reservation when we made it on Expedia, but I had put it on the form when I checked into the room, an no one had yet said a thing. This certainly soured us on the place, but we were already disappointed. This hotel isn't on the beach; it's two blocks away. Our windows didn't open, so the only way to have a nice relaxing sound of surf at night was to open a door onto a public deck. You hear all the traffic on the main road through town. And, people use this place as staging areas for weddings, and we had a lot of noise on Saturday night due to the rooms around us all being taken up by a wedding party. If anyone moves near your room, it sounds like someone's rearranging furniture in the room because the place is built so flimsily. There are less expensive rooms in Cayucos with nicer staff closer to the beach. This place just simply isn't worth it. I spend a lot of time on the Central Coast and definitely won't be given this hotel my business again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Merced, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with 2 teenage boys in July 2012. We had a great time. All the staff was great..all very concerned that all our needs were met and if we were having a great time. The view from the balcony was wonderful. My husband and I had fun people watching and of course looking at the beautiful ocean. It was a great spot to relax and read a good book. Our suite had every thing we needed. The kitchen was fully stocked even though we didn't cook much. The suite was very very clean and also it was very quiet. We had neighbors with kids and we hardly knew they were there. Top Dog, downstairs was great for a really good cup of coffee. Our teenagers had a wonderful time too. The management was very accommodating for them. Last, it was fun having the Beta fish in our room for our entire stay. The boys looked forward to getting the fish food every night and feeding it. My husband and I received a great bottle of wine, which we really enjoyed as we sat on the balcony. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Corner suites are sunny, quiet, and very roommy. There is a great view and it seems more private.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My girlfriends and I had a great vacation in Cayucos at Pier View Suites where we received a warm welcome, constant friendly service, and pristine rooms. There was no dust anywhere, all windows and glass was spotless, and the whole suite smelled fresh. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable and the kitchen was a great added bonus.

The balconies were our favorite part though, we spent most of our trip lounging in the cabanas with margaritas watching the surfers below. The staff recommended Hoppe's for dinner next door and it was so good we returned two more times for lunch. The coffee place downstairs was delicious too.

We will defiantly be returning the next time we all decide to get away for another great weekend!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Pier View Suites? Share your experiences!