“Will definitely go back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cayucos Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayucos
Cayucos Motel
You added Cayucos Motel to your Saves list
20 South Ocean Avenue, Cayucos, CA 93430   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Cayucos
Bradley
“Will definitely go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for Valentine's Day 2013 and I'm so pleased with his choice! Not only was our room spotless, it was cozy. We were given a wonderful basket of goodies plus they had beautiful roses and lilies in our room. This was a package deal that my husband found on Craigslist and very reasonable, considering the flowers, basket of goodies, and outstanding peanut butter cups from a local chocolatier. There are only 8 or 9 rooms so I'm sure it gets filled up quickly. We wanted a room for 4th of July and was told that they're already booked as of early January. VERY close to the sand and beautiful ocean. The bed was extremely comfortable. I must go back!!!

Room Tip: I think that Room #7 faces the ocean side. The rest face the parking lot, I believe.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed in the winter and got a two bed room for 65 dollars. The room was very clean, and comfortable. It was quiet and the shower was great. It's also right on the beach. If you're looking for an inexspensive place to stay with a great location, this place is pretty highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay in Cayucos. We were making a super-fantastical road trip from San Fran to LA, and this was our last stop before hitting the metro. Starting in the nonstop locale of San Fran and working our way down, it was as if Cayucos was the "cool down" on the ride. We could have let our eleven-year-old daughter roam the streets unattended. It's such a peaceful, friendly and picturesque stop. The Cayucos Motel embodies this spirit. We were very pleased with our set up of a queen bed and a twin bed for our daughter. The bathroom is small, but clean and what we're used to near the beach unless you're going to go with a national chain--eww. The breakfast is just enough. The lawn is friendly and inviting. The walk to the beach is really no walk at all--just a few steps. They have an outdoor shower for mutual convenience. We really enjoyed walking around in the morning for coffee and antique store goofing around. It can get pretty cool there, so don't go thinking it's going to be Malibu.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My first stay this past weekend. Everything in Cayucos and Cambria was either fully booked or ridiculously overpriced.

Warm greeting upon arrival. Manager walked over to check the room "with her own eyes" before checking me in. Room 2 is not huge but has a king bed with wrought iron head board, dresser, table with two chairs, coffee maker, refrigerator, shared microwave in breezeway. Everything was spotless. Windows wide open and wonderful breeze flowing through. Fresh flowers on the table and a card with my name. Nice personal touches all the way through. Shower was hot and water pressure great. Plenty of towels. Nice continental breakfast. Steps to the ocean. Easy walk downtown and back.

This is an older motel with thin walls. It's a little worn but you can sense that people are trying to do a good job. I drove up the coast to "get away from it all" and this motel met all my needs. August is still "high season" on the coast so I didn't feel the price was out of line. Leave your attitude at home and enjoy!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed here again this past weekend and the motel and weather were great. This is a nice motel that I seem to gravitate every year I come to Cayucos. It is extremely clean, close to town amenities and the price is right. What more can you ask for. They also have a decent continental breakfast which just adds to the charm of this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

This motel has a good location, being a short walk from the beach. Cayucos has a small town feel and is good for a few day's visit, with a handful of restaurants and shops.

Our twin room was well equipped with a fridge, coffee maker and comprehensive list of restaurant menus and other information about the local area. The shower room we had was rather small, but served its purpose.

Breakfast is very basic (coffee, cereal, pastries) and served from the reception desk. The selection would have benefited from the addition of some yoghurt and fresh fruit. The weather wasn't so warm on our visit, so taking our breakfast on the outside tables wasn't very pleasant.

This motel is a good value option in an expensive area and is clean and has all that you need for a night or two's stay. I wouldn't recommend Cayucos, or this motel for a longer stay though.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Ojai, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I have been to the Cayucos Motel many times, when I am there, it is my 'home away from home'. I travel there often solo, and, in some ways, this feels like family. Hugs and info are exchanged. Also, there are many regulars, like me, that they seem to appreciate with there gratitude and warmth. The rooms are very clean always,with often a welcome back sign, candies on the pillow, and, sometimes, flowers. There is a lovely little garden area where you can lounge and, at night when it is very quiet,I hear the ocean. It is not fancy, yet, to me, such a blessing.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Cayucos Motel? Share your experiences!