“An Absolute Must....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seaside Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayucos
Seaside Motel
You added Seaside Motel to your Saves list
42 South Ocean Avenue, Cayucos, CA 93430   |
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Cayucos
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“An Absolute Must....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Situated in a small town just off the spectacular Pacific Highway a convenient stopping point if you're travelling LA-S'F'cisco. It's a restful, beautiful location, with a heap of motels to choose from, if there's better than this I'd be surprised. It's a quaint chintzy setting with a selection of rooms, easy parking and very welcoming hosts. The rooms are hand painted with individual themes. They're clean, very comfortable, compact some with two bedrooms, which we took advantage of. The beds are a bit lumpy, but frankly that's splitting hairs, they're fine.I got the impression that they have a lot of returnees, some of whom we met. Maybe all the motels in the town are good, but the small picturesque garden is beautiful with ample places to sit, with the background noise of the sea,75 yards away. It's a short walk to a windswept beach. Lots of restaurants and bars to choose from and an interesting Antique shop,in fact two. Some of the opening times are made up as they go along, and they don't do late i.e. 9.00 pm and they close. Can't recommend the motel and the whole experience enough. $90 dollars for a two bedded room for one night to me was reasonable, 'cos you certainly to value for that.I guess it could be done cheaper, but you may not get what we had.

Room Tip: Room 2 has two bedrooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SeasideMotel, Owner at Seaside Motel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Ray, what a lovely, insightful review; thank you for taking the time to write! And yes, you are right, we do have a lot of return guests, making us feel at home, surrounded by far away friends! So happy you found our little motel; we cannot say enough how much we have enjoyed our influx of European guests. Always a pleasure to have our friends from across the pond in our home. Looking forward to seeing you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Have stayed here several times. Always enjoyed my stay, great location, very friendly staff, comfortable rooms. Each room has its own beach theme. Love the small town feel of Cayucos.
Beach is walking distance from the motel, in fact I slept with the windows open and I could hear the waves at night. Motel does seem to fill up during the summer months. Generally reservation are required.,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tujunga, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was our first visit at the motel but definately not our last! Loved everything about it, especially the hospitality and friendliness of Rick & Rebecca, not to mention the wonderful gardens and clean rooms, I can't say enough good things about it! We came for a sisters getaway for the Sea Glass Festival and already planning for the next weekend here. You're right, our hearts will bring us back :)

We'll be back........Cathy H.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SeasideMotel, Owner at Seaside Motel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Awe, thank you so much Cathy! We are so happy you and your sister enjoyed your stay! We would be delighted to see you again!
Bakersfield, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel about 2-3 times per year for the last 6 years. It is my perfect, peaceful get away from reality. I love all the rooms, although I do have my favourites and you cannot ever ask for better hosts than Rick & ReBecca. Do miss Tiggy though. I can't think of a better experience that reading a book in the amazing garden, listening to the ocean, and drinking a glass of wine from one of the local wineries. Perfect!!!!!

Room Tip: I love the rooms with the kitchenette, I never have to go anywhere if I don't want to.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
SeasideMotel, Owner at Seaside Motel, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you Diane, always lovely to have you here! We do miss our sweet Tiggy, there will be tabby like him!

R+R
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

My parents just loved this little motel, the decoration is beautiful and the price is very good! The staff was friendly and the location is very good too. If you need a rest before driving to LA or SF on highway 1, this is a good place!

• Stayed March 2013
Kanab, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights at the seaside, and just loved the place. The room was decorated very nice and was cozy and very comfortable. We also put the beautiful garden and the wine glasses (supplied) to use. Nice touch. We were able to walk everywhere in town and to the pier and beach. I really appreciated the fact that my reciept was handwriten (just like my grandpas motel) and there was no alarm clock. The room was very clean. My wife forgot her makeup bag when we left, within an hour Rick had called to inform us and said that he would ship to us without charging us any thing. Rick and Rebecca were great hosts and very nice people. We WILL be back to Cayucos and the Seaside.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SeasideMotel, Owner at Seaside Motel, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Oh, so such kind things to say, thank you! Happy to hear you received your package safely and were able to relax and enjoy our home and town!

Best,

R+R
clovis, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed at the Seaside Motel a dozen or more times over the past many years and we keep coming back. It's a "kitsche" (sp?) 1950's motel that has been fixed up to be very comfortable and homey. Very clean. Cozy. Very good value. very close to the beach. And owners Rick and Rebecca are wonderful people. You'll be back. I promise.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Seaside Motel? Share your experiences!