“SECOND time at the SEASIDE MOTEL and look forward to #3!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seaside Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cayucos
Seaside Motel
You added Seaside Motel to your Saves list
42 South Ocean Avenue, Cayucos, CA 93430   |
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Cayucos
Los Angeles, California
“SECOND time at the SEASIDE MOTEL and look forward to #3!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This was my 2nd getaway to CAYUCOS. It's about a 3.5hr drive from Los Angeles, and I needed to get away from a heat wave for 3 nites. I arrived around 2pm and my room was ready-the same room I had in 2011.
The rooms are a little "girly" for guys-each w/a different 'theme', but the rate was great! The bathroom was clean, kitchen stocked REALLY WELL with utensiles & plates and the bed comfortable. It's just 2-3 min walk to the beach or pier.
There's an ITALIAN-MEXICAN restaurant across the street and I tried the Lasagne...WAY over cooked.
The owners Rich and Rebecca do most of-if not all the work around the place & put a LOT of effort keeping it clean and looking good for their guests.
There's a patio in the back w/ table, chairs, benches, a small lawn. The BEST thing, was that I told them I would be using the BBQ grill in the patio one nite, and they had it cleaned & stocked with charcoal & matches...I had brought my own with me so, I was really REALLY impressed with their thoughtfullness..
Hoping to go back soon (I Left 2 of my own knives there & hope they'll be there when I go back)
The can be heavily booked during the summer.... & the rates are higher...

Room Tip: They have a webpage which shows all the rooms... Check there to see what U need... No AC since it...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were so incredibly blessed to stumble upon this lovely little gem in Cayucos where we went to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary. From my first email of inquiry, to my signing of our check-out bill, Rick and Rebecca made this absolutely the BEST anniversary trip we have EVER taken. Our room was sparkling clean and comfortable and the garden where we bbq'd our dinner was spectacular. Gorgeous flowers and ambiance oozing out of every nook and cranny. Seriously, I posted pics of the garden on Instagram and EVERYONE wanted to know where I was! It's that lovely. Rick and Rebecca stay quietly behind the scenes providing excellent customer service and giving you all the space and alone time you want. However, if you are inclined to ask recommendations for ANYTHING, they are happy to help and gave us invaluable advice about mountain biking, meals and maps of the entire town! We definitely WILL be returning to the Seaside Motel!

Room Tip: Take a recommendation from the owners! You can't go wrong. There are only 12 rooms and eachis...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I give this review an "Excellent" because of the price and quality. The room was cute - had all amenities that normal hotel rooms have - comfortable bed, coffee maker, tables, lamps, towels, soap, etc. The extra feature is that all rooms are themed - we had the fish room - which adds a more unique and personal feel to the place. We went in September when tourist season is low - very empty small town. Not much choice by means of accommodations but the family-run Seaside is great. In particular, the price we paid for (per person) was cheaper than a dingy hostel in San Francisco. Plus, this town is on the coast with a beautiful pier. It is also host to the best brown butter cookie store ever.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Paso Robles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was looking for somewhere I could just get away for a night and relax. I live and work in Paso Robles, just 40 minutes away inland. Wow!! I stayed in the "Fish Fantasy" room. It was small but very cozy. Clean, bright and tastefully decorated. The bed was so comfy. I had my first good nights sleep in a while. Sitting in the garden, you can hear the waves breaking on the beach and the icing on the cake, you can hear the barking seals. .I will most definitely be back!! Thank you, Rebecca and Rick. You are awesome hosts.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is the real deal...EXACTLY as described in other comments. Everything was thoughtfully appointed, super clean, and beautiful. Rich and Rebecca have pride of ownership and it shows. Wish we would have stayed another night or two....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntingtyon Beach, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is a lovely little motel in a wonderful town. The rooms are themed and very clean. The garden is charming. The only down side was no microwave in room, no continental breakfast and if we did not ask there would have been no fridge. The price for the room seemed a little steep for what we got.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My wife and I just returned from 5 nights at the Seaside Motel where we having been enjoying the quiet ambiance of Cayucos and the California Central Coast since 2001. Rick and Rebecca are the rightfully proud owners who always make us feel welcomed. We stay in the same room with a kitchenette and use the charcoal grill provided for guests in the garden patio with a view of the Pacific. If you are seeking a clean, quiet motel room with outstanding amenities and the care only on site owners can provide in a wonderful vacation spot, you cannot go wrong here.

Room Tip: Eating out on the Central Coast can be an expensive undertaking. The rooms with kitchenettes and th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Seaside Motel? Share your experiences!