“Loved this place” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fresno, California
“Loved this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My 2 teenage daughters and I stayed overnight here and loved it. Close to the beach, easy parking, free wifi and breakfast. We just had a standard room but it was so big! Perfect for us and extremely comfortable for a great price. Would definitely stay here again...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
super8lindsay, Manager at Cayucos Beach Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
We are so glad that we were able to help make your stay here in Cayucos an enjoyable one. It was great having you and we hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This was the perfect Inn for a short overnight stay. It was quaint and spacious and not too expensive. We utilized the complimentary breakfast and were very thankful for it. The front desk was easy to work with and very nice. I would definitely suggest staying here if you find yourself in the area or are just needing a place to stay for the night. Very accommodating.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the kind review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We were so glad to have you. We'll see you soon.
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I love this hotel, it's not in the heart of Cayucos, which honestly helps keep the cost per night reasonable even in 'high' season. The Central Coast of California is gorgeous and Cayucos is a true gem.
We enjoy our stay at this hotel for it's rates, cleanliness and room ammenities. They also have a substancial breakfast. Fruit, cerals, baked goods, juices. Coffee in room, with microwave and refridgerator-all make for a nice stay. A pet friendly hotel with ammenities for them as well. No pool, but a nice walk to beach access.
Within a few blocks of some great resturants, cafes, wine bar/bistros. The Sea Shanty accross the street has the best calamari!
This hotel is almost always full on the weekends and family friendly too.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to give us your feedback. Thanks for staying with us, we were so glad to have you. We hope to see you in the near future.
Alameda, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for several years. The staff is friendly the room is spacious and clean. The bed is comfortable. This year, however, there were no boiled eggs for breakfast, they were out of sugar substitute for a couple of days, no decaf coffee. I stayed 7 nights and they changed my sheets once after 4 days when II complained. Several of the towels need to be replaced because they are old, no longer white and scratchy.

They use Direct TV and the channels are not very good. There was no TV guide and it seemed that except for ESPN they didn't have many channels that were current.

The hotel is across from the Sea Shanty, next to the market (for newspapers and snacks) great location for the 4th of July parade. And, most of all the staff is friendly.

They just need to fix a few items and it will be back to its old 5 star rating.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thanks for your feedback. We are trying to improve our breakfast and cable services. Overall, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope that your future stay will be even more enjoyable.
northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Friendly check in. Our room was spacious, nicely decorated and clean. We had a fridge and microwave. The bed was very comfy. The breakfast was about the same as most complimentary breakfasts but had plenty of food. Our only complaint was that the internet was a bit slow. The Inn is just a block from the beach. I would definitely stay there again!

Tulare, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is such a clean hotel. Located in a great place. It was a very short walk to the beach. We brought our two dogs with us & they loved it. The down stairs rooms had hardwood floors and was very spacious. We plan on coming back and staying here again. Also the staff was very nice. Don't think I could have found a better place!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
super8lindsay, Manager at Cayucos Beach Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thanks for your amazing review. We love hearing from our guests. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you soon.
Alta Loma, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed at the Cayucos Beach for the second time from Sunday June 1st to Tuesday June 3rd 2014. We had stayed there the previous year and were satisfied with the service and location. This time was different.
One of the window covers fell off the supporting frame and onto my son’s computer. The window had been left open only around an inch, and we determined possibly a breeze blew it off the frame it was sitting on. There was nothing to secure the cover to the frame. I was able to set the cover on the frame, jiggle it and cause it to fall off. The cover is around four feet long by two feet high and weighs approximately 20 pounds. This could have fallen off and possibly injured someone.
I took photographs of the cover, frame, and my sons lap top showing the damage to his screen. I also took a photo of the locations of the fallen cover and the laptop after the cover had landed on it, which knocked it off the table and onto the floor. I had to pick up the computer and window cover to inspect the damage, and then I put it back where it landed to take the photograph.

This happened Tuesday June 3rd around 2:00 AM. The noise was loud enough to wake me from sleep. I waited until the next morning and went to the front desk to tell the desk clerk, which I was later informed by my wife is one of the owners.

The owner did not want to see the fallen window cover, or the damage to my son’s computer. Her response was that since she was not there when it happened, nothing could be done. All she could offer me was an apology. Needless to say I was taken aback. Now I have my son’s computer that was damaged by a window cover that was not properly or safely secured, and the owner of the establishment where it happened that basically wanted nothing to do with it.

I have friends who also enjoy the pleasant ambience of Cayucos, and I have told them of this incident. I am also sending this letter to Consumer Affairs and possibly other agencies.

The money for the computer repairs is not the issue, It is that the situation was handled in such an unprofessional manner, without so much as a brief inspection by the owner of the damage.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Cayucos Beach Inn? Share your experiences!