“Good but needs improvement” 4 of 5 stars

Cayucos Beach Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   333 South Ocean Avenue, Cayucos, CA 93430   |
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Cayucos
Alameda, California
“Good but needs improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for several years. The staff is friendly the room is spacious and clean. The bed is comfortable. This year, however, there were no boiled eggs for breakfast, they were out of sugar substitute for a couple of days, no decaf coffee. I stayed 7 nights and they changed my sheets once after 4 days when II complained. Several of the towels need to be replaced because they are old, no longer white and scratchy.

They use Direct TV and the channels are not very good. There was no TV guide and it seemed that except for ESPN they didn't have many channels that were current.

The hotel is across from the Sea Shanty, next to the market (for newspapers and snacks) great location for the 4th of July parade. And, most of all the staff is friendly.

They just need to fix a few items and it will be back to its old 5 star rating.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
super8lindsay, Manager at Cayucos Beach Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thanks for your feedback. We are trying to improve our breakfast and cable services. Overall, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope that your future stay will be even more enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Friendly check in. Our room was spacious, nicely decorated and clean. We had a fridge and microwave. The bed was very comfy. The breakfast was about the same as most complimentary breakfasts but had plenty of food. Our only complaint was that the internet was a bit slow. The Inn is just a block from the beach. I would definitely stay there again!

Tulare, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is such a clean hotel. Located in a great place. It was a very short walk to the beach. We brought our two dogs with us & they loved it. The down stairs rooms had hardwood floors and was very spacious. We plan on coming back and staying here again. Also the staff was very nice. Don't think I could have found a better place!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
super8lindsay, Manager at Cayucos Beach Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thanks for your amazing review. We love hearing from our guests. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you soon.
Alta Loma, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed at the Cayucos Beach for the second time from Sunday June 1st to Tuesday June 3rd 2014. We had stayed there the previous year and were satisfied with the service and location. This time was different.
One of the window covers fell off the supporting frame and onto my son’s computer. The window had been left open only around an inch, and we determined possibly a breeze blew it off the frame it was sitting on. There was nothing to secure the cover to the frame. I was able to set the cover on the frame, jiggle it and cause it to fall off. The cover is around four feet long by two feet high and weighs approximately 20 pounds. This could have fallen off and possibly injured someone.
I took photographs of the cover, frame, and my sons lap top showing the damage to his screen. I also took a photo of the locations of the fallen cover and the laptop after the cover had landed on it, which knocked it off the table and onto the floor. I had to pick up the computer and window cover to inspect the damage, and then I put it back where it landed to take the photograph.

This happened Tuesday June 3rd around 2:00 AM. The noise was loud enough to wake me from sleep. I waited until the next morning and went to the front desk to tell the desk clerk, which I was later informed by my wife is one of the owners.

The owner did not want to see the fallen window cover, or the damage to my son’s computer. Her response was that since she was not there when it happened, nothing could be done. All she could offer me was an apology. Needless to say I was taken aback. Now I have my son’s computer that was damaged by a window cover that was not properly or safely secured, and the owner of the establishment where it happened that basically wanted nothing to do with it.

I have friends who also enjoy the pleasant ambience of Cayucos, and I have told them of this incident. I am also sending this letter to Consumer Affairs and possibly other agencies.

The money for the computer repairs is not the issue, It is that the situation was handled in such an unprofessional manner, without so much as a brief inspection by the owner of the damage.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Chico, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We just visited Cayucos for a Cal Poly graduation and were so pleasantly surprised by the cleaniness and friendlyness of this little hotel! The room has laminate floors which I haven't seen before but was a great choice for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that we took our "Girls" with us! The hotel has a little "potty" area complete with fire hydrant, dog wash and hose for washing their 4 little feet. Most of the guests also seem to have friendly little 4 legged creatures and all were polite, said hello and exchanged "sniffs"!!
Loved the location across the street from great restaurant- Sea Shanty- community park and beach access. We could easily walk to "town" for a cup of coffee or beer.
Breaksfast wasn't great, but its an easy walk to Top Dog Coffee!
Loved Cayucos, will defintely stay here again. If you love your 4 legged friends as much as your children you'll appreciate the this special town and hotel..

Room Tip: Downstairs was easy and you can park right in front of your room!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
super8lindsay, Manager at Cayucos Beach Inn, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for coming to visit us year after year. We will see you soon!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This was our (my girl friend and two dogs) fourth return visit. The rooms are decorated and maintained to a high standard. The location is at the south end of the town, just a short walk (or 2 minute drive) to the shops and restaurants. There is a small park just across the street which is very convenient for walking the dogs. Our trip to Cayucos is an annual affair and we will always return to this property.

Room Tip: The suites provide extra room that make your stay all the nicer.
Dorking, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is the second time my wife and i have stayed here, and we weren't disappointed, the hotel is a very short walk from the centre of Cayucos, but worth it, the rooms were very large, fully equipped, and the breakfast was the sort of good basic food as you would expect from a facility this size. Everything was clean and the staff are very friendly, so we can't really fault it.

We have stayed at a couple of the other hotels/motels in Cayucos (not all of them) but this is in our opinion by far the best one which we have visited, i wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone, the only thing it's missing is a pool but you can't have everything!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
super8lindsay, Manager at Cayucos Beach Inn, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thanks for stopping by again. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Cayucos Beach Inn? Share your experiences!