“Don't go here unless you have to” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Cathedral City
Huntington Beach, California, United States
“Don't go here unless you have to”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I could not believe the rudeness of the old guy who was managing this place. I had paid for my room thru Expedia and when I went to check in, at 1:30 I was told the room was not ready and would not be ready until three, I said OK I'll be back. I came back at 2:30 and he said very sternly "I told you no checking until 3:00" I said " I guess hat review I read was correct that this hotel is weird about check in time. He told me " you can just go write one too, I am canceling your reservation"
The whole property looked to be going broke. The restaurant was boarded up with weed growing all over it

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Miguel M, Manager at Travelodge Cathedral City, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
We're sorry that this guest had an unpleasant experience, however his timeline, per our security cameras, is way off the facts. This guest initially attempted to check-in at 8:00am, on a morning when we had been sold out the previous night. With check-out at 11:00am, no rooms were available until mid-afternoon. This did not suit his schedule and he became loud and abusive DEMANDING to be checked into a room IMMEDIATELY. At that point , he was given the option of either waiting until 3:00pm to check-in or we would, in order to accomodate his schedule, cancel the reservation, which he chose to do. We cannot check a guest into a room that is occupied, no matter the travelers schedule. Our hotel policy is CHECK-IN 3:00PM; CHECK-OUT 11:00AM.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Newport Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

As always every effort was made to make my stay as comfortable as possible. Everyone on staff is very helpful. The room was ready when I checked in and my stay was perfect.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Tustin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I will stay at Travel lodge again , however not at this location, because of greedy owner. I got sick from the 3 hours drive and we ask him if he can let us in the room if they were any clean rooms he said &20.00 extra . All other places we stay in the same area if they have clean rooms they let you in & never charged extra sometimes as early 3 hours. I will stay at Travel lodge again but not at the same location with the chep , money greedy owner Asian owner.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Miguel M, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Cathedral City, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
We take all guest concerns seriously, however, reviews that are 1)false and 2) racist MUST be addressed immediately. We have contacted this guest and attempted to set the record straight. First, the guests arrived at the hotel and checked in at 12:11PM, THREE HOURS PRIOR TO CHECK-IN, NOT ONE HOUR. If they did not want to pay for an early check-in (on a sold out saturday in the valley) they had the option of either seeking accomodations elsewhere or waiting until 3:00PM. They mentioned they had spent the night in a casino and were tired, unfortunately that is not a valid reason to waive the early check-in fee. As to their racist comments, this tells us who they are. They state they would not return to us, truth be told, the sentiment is mutual.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

If you have, then you'll know what I'm talking about. When you drive into the place it looks like a homeless encampment. The rooms are tolerable on the lowest grade available, but the place is FILTHY. It really reminded me of a couple of the places I stayed in India. The crotchety old man who works the office in the morning reminds me of the scary uncle you see at your family reunion. I didn't want to eat anything in the breakfast area and nobody was keeping it clean. My advice: for about the same amount of money (or possible less) you can stay in several Motel 6's close by. For about $10 more you can stay in a nearly 3 star upgraded hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Renaldo L, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Cathedral City, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
TRAVELODGE, Cathedral City, takes all guests comments seriously. However, when a negative review is posted by a guest because the guest was not allowed to check in to the property SIX HOURS early, the review must be addressed. The guest in question arrived at the hotel and attempted, through threats, to check in at 9:00AM-our check-in time is 3:00PM. When he did not get his way, he, first marched in to the dining area, had breakfast (complimentary), moved to the lobby with his laptop and parked himself on our lobby couch for one hour and left, highy agitated becasue he could not check-in to the property. We were sold out the previous evening and no rooms were available. Please note the guest had negative comments about our continental breakfast, but that did not stop him from enjoying the continental breakfast TWICE. We always attempt to rectify ALL guest concerns, however there is always that one percent, looking for something for nothing, that cannot be pleased.

Been to Travelodge Cathedral City? Share your experiences!