“Intimate, Classy, and Delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Cathedral City
“Intimate, Classy, and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We absolutely LOVE Cellos. The owners Bonnie and Tom have created a classy restaurant so needed here in Cathedral City.

We have been going there since it opened several years ago. We take all of our out of town guests there, plus our friends from Palm Springs and Rancho Mirage.

The food is always delicious and the service is superb. All of the wait staff is extemely professional and friendly.

We would give Cellos an A+++ rating. It is the best place for a lovely evening with friends, family, and loved ones. One of the best features are its acoustics.....you can actually have a conversation without having to yell at the person seated next to you. Bravo Cellos!!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
BonnieCello, Owner at Cello's Restaurant, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Cello's. We always appreciate feedback and hope to see you soon.

81% Recommend
Palm Springs, California
“Disgusting-”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Live and Learn- Food Poisoning and More- Ok a couple of weeks ago I was at Cello's and I was not terribly hungry so I ordered the crab napolean appetizer. It did not taste great but I just thought that was my palate. I had been to the restaurant before and had enjoyed the eggplant dish. Long story short was violently ill and got food poisoning. I called the restaurant the next day spoke with the chef - told him my experience and he apologized, said he would look into it and tell the owners. Two days passed - I heard nothing so called again and spoke with Tom one of the owners- he said he knew nothing about the problem, would speak with the chef and would get back to me. He also said next time you come in I'll take care of you- I thought this meant they would provide my meal since they had not refunded my last visit to the restaurant.
Then I received a call from Bonnie the other owner who said she had not gotten back to me because she needed a day off. She assured me that the crab had been sent back and would not be served to another person.

Tonight I stopped into Cello's and ordered the Eggplant. I mentioned to the bartender what had happened and what Tom had offered as a remedy. The bartender said fine we will comp your entree and just charge you for the drinks you have. The next thing I know another person Kevin approaches with the eggplant I ordered and tells me he has called the owners and that they did not offer any compensation for the food poisoning. He then called me a liar and invited me to take the food to go. Needless to say at that point I had no desire to do any further business with this establishment. I left without eating and was told by Kevin to NEVER come back- This is not exactly a restaurant I want to return to
What a shame- avoid this place - they are all about money and not at all about customer service and food quality. And they lie to you as well. Not my kind of place.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
BonnieCello, Owner at Cello's Restaurant, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Where is the last place you would go to eat if you allegedly had "food poisoning"? The same restaurant a week later? I think not. Plus demand free food, sounds like extortion to me. Not only do we carry an "A" rating form the Department of Environmental Health but have received an Award of Recognition of Outstanding Food Facility Performance. Please do not come to our restaurant again.
San Francisco
“Old school hospitality crossed with new, imaginative interpretations of dishes make Cello's one of the best in The Valle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Don't be fooled by its inauspicious strip mall location. Once you enter, Sarah will greet you like family (even if it is your first time), and you will experience an intimate bar, cute "bistro" area, and nicely appointed dining room.

With a friendly smile, a quick wit, and a heavy pour, Rick presides over the bar where a very reasonably priced, limited bar menu is available.

Served with Parmesan and house-made croutons, the traditional Cesar salad ($8) is straightforward: fresh, crisp, and light. Be sure not to miss Cello's signature dish, the chicken Caprese ($18), a lightly breaded chicken breast topped with mozzarella, tomato, and basil: it is the most unusual, delicious rendition of a Caprese salad you will ever taste.

Featuring selections like black mussels ($14) in a white wine garlic sauce and a trio of bruschetta (mushroom, Caprese, and salmon, $14), the bistro menu is perfect for diners who are a little less hungry or who want to share a number of small plates.

The main menu of the restaurant includes something for everyone: from crab Napoleon ($14), an architectural creation of crab, avocado, tomatoes, onions, and cilantro presented in tower form to braised short rib ($24) and filet Mignon ($25). Artfully presented and dressed with the lightest touch of sherry vinaigrette, the beet salad ($11) pairs fresh beets with walnuts, amply sized chunks of chèvre, and tender baby greens; it is a perfect starter on a hot night in The Valley. The short rib ragù ($14) served over pasta (one night, bow tie; another night oricchette) is a delicious, hearty dish that calls out for a nice glass of Chianti.

Speaking of wine, there is a good selection of wines by the glass and by the bottle, and Rick mixes a mean cocktail. (Beware the chocolate martini: they are so delicious and disappear so rapidly from your glass, you'll swear there was hole in it.)

With fantastic food, friendly service, and nice ambiance, Cello's is absolutely one of the best dining experiences you will find. But shhhh, don't tell anyone, as I may not be able to get a seat at the bar

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
BonnieCello, Owner at Cello's Restaurant, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. As a small business owner we so appreciate the input from our guests. We work so hard to provide the type of dining experience we like to receive, it is always appreciated when we know we made the mark. Thank you for dining with us and we hope you will be back soon.

All our zest,
Bonnie & Tom
San Francisco, California
“Outstanding food & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Located in a somewhat uninteresting strip mall, is this outstanding diamond in the rough. The special cocktails we started with were refreshing and interesting. The Mussels appetizer was excellent with the chorizo, and you will definitely want to ask for more of their perfectly crusty bread to soak up every ounce of the delicious garlic/tomato sauce. For an entree I had the Trout stuffed with crab, and it was perfectly prepared. My mother-in-law had the chicken caprese, which she loved. Service was competent, attentive and unobtrusive. The owner came by to introduce herself and see how we were enjoying our meals, which was a nice touch. The fact that the strip mall is rather quiet at night does make it easy to park, and once you are inside the beautiful restaurant you will feel like you've been taken away to foodie heaven. I've eaten at nearly every nice restaurant in the desert, and this is one not to be missed. I've never eaten in their bar area (they call it "the bistro"), but I understand they sometimes have half-priced specials there. Highly recommended!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Worth the trip from Orange County!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Tonight my sister and I enjoyed a very memorable dining experience! Beginning with warm greetings, a personal welcome by the owner, and a beautiful dining area, we enjoyed all aspects of our meal. The wedge salad with the most delicious slice of bacon laid over the top, then a delicious pork chop and chicken caprese entrees, topped off with lemon cello tiramisu were out of this world. We only wished we lived closer so we could come back again and again. We highly recommend this to anyone looking for a wonderful meal.