“No shower no working phone, horrible breakfast.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City

You added Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City to your Saves list
Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   69151 East Palm Canyon Drive, Cathedral City, CA 92234 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites Date Palm)   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Cathedral City
“No shower no working phone, horrible breakfast.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The shower was broken and they wouldn't fix it or let us go to another room.
The phone was missing all of this buttons.
The breakfast was lacking, and the fruit was hard.
The staff were rude wrt every problem.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
California Hot Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Having read mixed reviews I was hesitant to stay. However we went during Coachella Festival and this was one of the more reasonably priced hotels.

Room was nicer than i thought it would be. Looks like it was
recently refurbished. Nice King bed. Small refrigeratore and a
microwave was included. Even though it was a standard room it
almost looked like a suite as there was a wall that blocked the
bedroom.
The only quip i had was weekend breafast hours ends
at 10 am but during the week only until 9am which was too early.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Marsha D, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City, responded to this review, 4 days ago
I would like to thank you for the very nice comments and will pass them along to staff.

Marsha Dumas
Red Lion, Cathedral City
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at the red lion this past weekend to attend Coachella Music festival. The only real complaint we had is the price, but we already expected to pay a lot of this weekend. In fact, the red lion was the cheapest hotel we could find for the weekend, with other places charging upwards of $500 a night. The hotel is only 30 minutes away from the festival.

The hotel is pet friendly, just a $15 charge for your entire stay. We reserved a room with two double beds and no kitchen, which was fine for our stay since we were gone most of the time. The room was really clean, and there is a tv (with HDMI), a mini fridge, microwave, and AC. Free wifi but its a little slow for streaming videos, but worked fine for everything else. I liked that the room had extra power outlets above the nightstand so you don't have to unplug any of the lights in the room to charge your stuff.

Free breakfast everyday until 9am on the weekdays and 10am on weekends (sat and sun). They had the usual, eggs, bacon, sausage and potatoes (not all on the same day), bagels and english muffins, toast, cereal, muffins, coffee and tea, juice and milk, yogurt, and some fruit. No complaints about the breakfast!

When I was checking in we had some trouble with the computer and credit card. I think they just have an old system. In the end it was okay. I booked my reservation through booking.com. I had some issues because the credit card I put the reservation on was not the same as the card I was going to use there. I suggest you use whatever card you want to use to make the reservation as well so you don't have this problem. What ended up happening is that my credit card got charged (the one i had on the reservation) instead of my debit card, but he reversed the charge right away (charge was gone by the next day) and my debit card didn't get charged until I checked out.

Overall, we had a very pleasant stay without any real issues. The gentleman working the front desk was very apologetic when we had issues with my credit card. He told me that some people have freaked out and yelled at him for similar issues, but I really didn't think it was anything to get that upset over.

Room Tip: I think pet rooms are on the first floor.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Huntington Beach, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here on business for two weeks. Had two different rooms, both were two room suites. This was business trip so we packed-em in. 3 to 4 workers a night. Didn't get any pictures as by the time I would want to, the rooms were already littered with luggage, supplies, etc.

Pros:
- Staff is very friendly and accommodating.
- Kitchen was fully functional and fridge was decent sized (no oven).
- Bed was very comfortable and one could get a god nights sleep.
- Walking distance to Big lots and a restaurant. Short drive to target and everything else you could want.
- Quite nights sleep. We were on the inside though so I don't know if the outer rooms have street traffic.
- Price for what you get. A two room suite with kitchen for around $200.
- Breakfast is good, but they absolutely won't let you in before 6am (not even for coffee). Too bad as were usually on the road by 5:30am. Did get breakfast the last day though and that's why I can rate it.

Cons:
- Cleaning staff should be down right fired. The rooms were not very clean. There was mildew in the shower and the toilet, the couch looked like a grease monkey lives on it when it's not rented out, the trash cans weren't always emptied, there were long black hairs all over the bathroom in one room (we all have short hair) and under one kitchen sink, it looked like a kid used it to hide all the food it didn't want to eat. GROSS!.
- Maintenance staff could probably use some help too. Lots of things had issues including the gate to the pool.
- Don't bother with a roll-away bed. I think they're what the army threw out decades ago. If you want a good nights sleep and all the beds are taken, bring your own air matress.
- Three junkies being arrested in hallway on arriving day was not a good first sign. But at least they got them and for the next two weeks, all tenants seemed normal people just looking for a place to sleep.
- Even though I paid "in ful"- on Priceline, check-in staff said it showed I didn't pay so they charged me again. They said "If you can show that you did pay, we will refund you" EVEN THOUGH I WAS SHOWING THEM THE RECEIPT THAT SAID "PAID IN FULL"! So, that took an extra hour of my time contacting Priceline who did call them and they did eventually issue a full refund.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Okay, first off, this is really an average two to three star place. Better than a Motel 6, but definitely nothing luxurious. Don't expect a resort!

It got a better rating from me because 2 bedroom, 2 bath suites are almost impossible to find in the Palm Springs/Palm Desert area for under $250+ a night. We had 3 people staying there, so for 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, a small kitchen area with microwave, fridge, etc., at under $140 a night, it could not be beat.

I would not stay there without a car, as there's not much in walking distance you will want to see, but by being in between Palm Springs and Palm Desert, right off the local highway in between the two, it was perfect for us to travel around. Apparently some areas have been updated, some have not, but our suite was pretty up to date with the exception of the carpet and a fairly dated loveseat in the living area, and those were still acceptable. Clean, very quiet for our stay, comfy beds.

I saw some complaints on other reviews about the Wifi and the air conditioners, but both worked fine for us. The Wifi is a tad slow but I didn't expect the superspeed I have at home.

The reality is that the Palm Springs area is a pricey area for hotels and motels. I think some people have sticker shock. Folks, if you want to stay in the desert at dirt cheap prices, it's called Vegas in August (I get a 4 star hotel for $35 a night). If you want Palm Springs, especially in the season, be prepared to shell out some serious cash and/or put up with a lower class of lodging.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
San diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was a very good hotel, great breakfast. Clean rooms just outdated if they did some remodeling it would be a awesome hotel. I have to shoutout Fernando Lopez this guy is a legend. One of the hardest workers I've seen. Really helpful and friendly. The manager should give him a raise or promotion or something. When I come next year I can't wait to see Fernando.

Stayed April 2015
We are a little out dated, but we are starting in May with a test room to see what we are going to do with updating. We have some ideas but we need to make sure what is going to work.
Fernando is amazing, I will pass your comments along to him and our owners!

Marsha Dumas
Red Lion, Cathedral City
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

Friendly staff
Rooms spacious but needs renovation - bathroom door to wide for frame - would not close, tile work on vanity coming off on corners
Breakfast - limited items - no protein except yogurt
Easy to find
Quiet for most part - but we were there on a weeknight

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites Cathedral City? Share your experiences!