We booked two rooms in the Desert Oasis for a family (two kids ages 1 & 5) weekend trip to Palm Springs.
We enjoyed our stay because the resort is not overcrowded and has a family atmosphere.
Both rooms were spacious and clean with one facing the pool and the other facing the golf course. Throughout our stay we came into contact with different staff members who were all friendly and courteous.
The adjacent golf course is also a plus; the fairways were well kept and the greens were dry and rugged but overall it is a great place to relax and play without overcrowding. The staff in the pro shop was also friendly and flexible with tee times.
The resort is centrally located between Palm Springs and Rancho Mirage which is more convenient because you do not have to drive to far to dine or shop. If you want to BBQ there are several propane grills available and several supermarkets within less-than a five minute drive.
Over all this is a great location for the children to have fun in the pool and to play a couple of rounds of golf for the weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Welk Resort Desert Oasis boasts 350 days of sunshine a year, with an average yearly temperature of 75 degrees. With breathtaking panaramic views of the San Jacinto Mountains, the resort is located 10 minutes from Palm Springs in Cathedral City, California. Swim in a large pool or lap pool, soak up some sun, or enjoy championship golf and tennis at our adjacent Cathedral Canyon Golf and Tennis Club, including a restaurant with locally inspired cuisine. Experience luxurious vacation villa accommodations that include full kitchens, living and dining areas, and private bedrooms with king beds. Activities Center includes fitness room, billiards, air hockey, darts, and Ping-Pong tables with planned activities and classes for all age groups. An arcade is next to the Activities Center. And when you’re ready to explore, nearby Palm Springs offers plenty to see – You won’t want to miss the Aerial Tramway, The Living Desert, Indian Canyons, Knott’s Soak City, Children’s Discovery Museum and Air Museum, world-class dining and shopping, including the popular Cabazon outlet, thrilling casinos, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Oasis Hotel Cathedral City
- Desert Oasis Cathedral City
- Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis Cathedral City, Greater Palm Springs, CA