My wife and I were looking for a place to stay in the Palm Springs area for about a week. There are several "Time Share" and condos available but we had not heard too much about many of them and didn't want to risk having a bad location or an unkempt place. Having seen Lawrence Welk's resort in Escondido, CA and what a nice place it was, we thought we'd take a chance on the Welk property in Cathedral City (near Palm Springs).
Upon our arrival we were both presently impressed. We were greeted by a cheerful and helpful desk clerk. We were offered our choice of two different apartments, upper or lower. All the rooms are one bedroom at this resort, but they are very large and extremely comfortable. We chose the upper floor. The condo was fully stocked with all the dishes, glasses and silverware one could ever need. We had a blender, toaster microwave, coffee maker with plenty of filters, a dishwasher with soap and a refrigerator with a great ice maker. The bedroom was large with a walk in closet. There were tow TV's, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. The entire property was very clean. There was daily maid service provided at NO additional cost.
There are two pools, one for adults only. We hung out at the other pool and had a great time reading and catching some sun. There are planned activities for adults as well as kids. The thing that sticks out the most is the friendliness of all the staff that we had contact with. The concierge was very knowledgeable about the area and also helpful, with a smile.
If you are looking for A 5 Star resort, this is probably not what you want, but it's a great place to stay for a relatively low cost. If you want a great location with all the benefits of a fine resort, give this place a look.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Welk Resort Desert Oasis boasts 350 days of sunshine a year, with an average yearly temperature of 75 degrees. With breathtaking panaramic views of the San Jacinto Mountains, the resort is located 10 minutes from Palm Springs in Cathedral City, California. Swim in a large pool or lap pool, soak up some sun, or enjoy championship golf and tennis at our adjacent Cathedral Canyon Golf and Tennis Club, including a restaurant with locally inspired cuisine. Experience luxurious vacation villa accommodations that include full kitchens, living and dining areas, and private bedrooms with king beds. Activities Center includes fitness room, billiards, air hockey, darts, and Ping-Pong tables with planned activities and classes for all age groups. An arcade is next to the Activities Center. And when you’re ready to explore, nearby Palm Springs offers plenty to see – You won’t want to miss the Aerial Tramway, The Living Desert, Indian Canyons, Knott’s Soak City, Children’s Discovery Museum and Air Museum, world-class dining and shopping, including the popular Cabazon outlet, thrilling casinos, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Oasis Hotel Cathedral City
- Desert Oasis Cathedral City
- Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis Cathedral City, California Desert, CA