Our second floor 1 bedroom unit was in excellent condition, roomy and very comfortable for our family of 2 adults and two children. The kitchen appliances and all furniture was in excellent condition and there were two flat screen TV and DVD players (one was a large screen). The bedroom and bathroom were large and clean and very nice. There was also a roomy balcony with a chaise and chairs. It was a great and very comfortable unit. There was a nice family pool and a smallish adult pool. The kids enjoyed the games room with the WII, pool table and 25cent popcorn. It is easy to spend a week in this place. The wireless internet was great (for a hotel).
Not so great were the two crickets and some small bugs. Be careful of parking in the sprinkler zone. No washer and dryer for some reason but they do have a midweek unit cleaning and pool towel exchange is available.
This is one of the better timeshares with updated furnishings and a relatively small and convenient size. I am rating it 5 stars as our family really enjoyed our stay but its definitely a 4.
You will need a car to get around; shopping is 5-10 minute away
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Welk Resort Desert Oasis boasts 350 days of sunshine a year, with an average yearly temperature of 75 degrees. With breathtaking panaramic views of the San Jacinto Mountains, the resort is located 10 minutes from Palm Springs in Cathedral City, California. Swim in a large pool or lap pool, soak up some sun, or enjoy championship golf and tennis at our adjacent Cathedral Canyon Golf and Tennis Club, including a restaurant with locally inspired cuisine. Experience luxurious vacation villa accommodations that include full kitchens, living and dining areas, and private bedrooms with king beds. Activities Center includes fitness room, billiards, air hockey, darts, and Ping-Pong tables with planned activities and classes for all age groups. An arcade is next to the Activities Center. And when you’re ready to explore, nearby Palm Springs offers plenty to see – You won’t want to miss the Aerial Tramway, The Living Desert, Indian Canyons, Knott’s Soak City, Children’s Discovery Museum and Air Museum, world-class dining and shopping, including the popular Cabazon outlet, thrilling casinos, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Oasis Hotel Cathedral City
- Desert Oasis Cathedral City
- Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis Cathedral City, Greater Palm Springs, CA