This resort is small compared to other Welk Resorts I have visited. However the standards are still high with good sized rooms, room service and friendly staff. We arrived in the dark and it can be hard to locate your apartment. The resort is two storey without any elevator (except a disabled facility for wheelchairs) so getting all your stuff on the second floor can be a drag. Even though the resort is small they do put something on for the kids every day and a few things in the evening. Best by far was the good supply of gas barbeques located around the site. Everyone BBQ'd each evening.
A tip to avoid the time share dragons - when you check in and finish all the formalities, the desk clerk will ask you to go to the concierge desk to get your parking tag. This desk is the time share desk and immediately you get the pressure. Do yourself a favour - don't get the parking tag, you don't need it. There is no security gate and I never displayed mine. you can avoid the dragons, foe a while.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Welk Resort Desert Oasis boasts 350 days of sunshine a year, with an average yearly temperature of 75 degrees. With breathtaking panaramic views of the San Jacinto Mountains, the resort is located 10 minutes from Palm Springs in Cathedral City, California. Swim in a large pool or lap pool, soak up some sun, or enjoy championship golf and tennis at our adjacent Cathedral Canyon Golf and Tennis Club, including a restaurant with locally inspired cuisine. Experience luxurious vacation villa accommodations that include full kitchens, living and dining areas, and private bedrooms with king beds. Activities Center includes fitness room, billiards, air hockey, darts, and Ping-Pong tables with planned activities and classes for all age groups. An arcade is next to the Activities Center. And when you’re ready to explore, nearby Palm Springs offers plenty to see – You won’t want to miss the Aerial Tramway, The Living Desert, Indian Canyons, Knott’s Soak City, Children’s Discovery Museum and Air Museum, world-class dining and shopping, including the popular Cabazon outlet, thrilling casinos, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Oasis Hotel Cathedral City
- Desert Oasis Cathedral City
- Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis Cathedral City, California Desert, CA