Stayed here 7-14 Dec 12 with my wife. Positive - great location, units have a nice layout, great views from balcony, mid week house keeping and almost daily garbage collection, nice pool and hot tub, plenty of towels/soap etc, walk in closets, new appliances. Grounds are very well kept.
On the negative side, it's a bit dated. It appears upgrades have been done with the new appliances, granite counter tops and some upgraded finishings. The flooring, carpets, balcony carpet, tile, wood trim etc need upgrading right away. It is a clean resort however.
Check in was quick and we were given a 2nd floor golf course view unit as I had requested. The offer of gifts for a timeshare presentation was declined though they did call twice during the week to see if we had changed our mind - we hadn't. We didn't partake in any of the activities though they appeared to have a daily plan for kids and adults.
Overall, this is a nice resort with friendly staff in a good location but it needs updating. I give this resort 3 star quality off accommodations, so don't expect more than that rating offers. It was a great place to base our touring and golf outings in the Palm Springs area from.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Oasis Hotel Cathedral City
- Desert Oasis Hotel
- Desert Oasis Cathedral City
- Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis Cathedral City, Greater Palm Springs, CA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Welk Resort Desert Oasis boasts 350 days of sunshine a year, with an average yearly temperature of 75 degrees. With breathtaking panaramic views of the San Jacinto Mountains, the resort is located 10 minutes from Palm Springs in Cathedral City, California. Swim in a large pool or lap pool, soak up some sun, or enjoy championship golf and tennis at our adjacent Cathedral Canyon Golf and Tennis Club, including a restaurant with locally inspired cuisine. Experience luxurious vacation villa accommodations that include full kitchens, living and dining areas, and private bedrooms with king beds. Activities Center includes fitness room, billiards, air hockey, darts, and Ping-Pong tables with planned activities and classes for all age groups. An arcade is next to the Activities Center. And when you’re ready to explore, nearby Palm Springs offers plenty to see – You won’t want to miss the Aerial Tramway, The Living Desert, Indian Canyons, Knott’s Soak City, Children’s Discovery Museum and Air Museum, world-class dining and shopping, including the popular Cabazon outlet, thrilling casinos, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Fareportal and Venere so you can book your Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.