This is our second time to Lawrence Welk (1st time for Spring Break, 1-1/2 yrs ago; this time for Thanksgiving break) and we had a great trip both times. In fact, even though we've stayed at more upscale places in Palm Springs (like the 2-bdrm timeshares at Marriott Shadow Ridge), we actually prefer it here, bcse it's a smaller, 3-story resort, so it's easy to come and go to our room, the pool, activity center, etc., and we love all the free and reasonably priced crafts and activities for the kids available all day, every day, and check-out of board games and movies. Convenient location, in mellow Cathedral City, but not far from either Palm Desert or downtown Palm Springs.
We loved the location of our unit (which we rented from a timeshare owner who requests this Unit each year) - #406, bottom floor, walk right out onto your patio and out to the pool. Was worried it might be loud, but was never a problem. Everything else on my previous review (activities, facilities, activity center, unit, etc.) are still accurate. I'd just add that there's also free parking and free wifi, and despite some previous reviews, I used the wifi daiy and it was super fast.
Nearby attractions: this time the weather was so wonderful, we did more outside activities -- hiking Palm Canyon at Indian Canyons; hiking Thousand Palms Canyon, Demuth Park, but always love walking around downtown Palm Springs, too. Overall, a great relaxing family trip. Every time we come, we think - we should do this more often!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Welk Resort Desert Oasis boasts 350 days of sunshine a year, with an average yearly temperature of 75 degrees. With breathtaking panaramic views of the San Jacinto Mountains, the resort is located 10 minutes from Palm Springs in Cathedral City, California. Swim in a large pool or lap pool, soak up some sun, or enjoy championship golf and tennis at our adjacent Cathedral Canyon Golf and Tennis Club, including a restaurant with locally inspired cuisine. Experience luxurious vacation villa accommodations that include full kitchens, living and dining areas, and private bedrooms with king beds. Activities Center includes fitness room, billiards, air hockey, darts, and Ping-Pong tables with planned activities and classes for all age groups. An arcade is next to the Activities Center. And when you’re ready to explore, nearby Palm Springs offers plenty to see – You won’t want to miss the Aerial Tramway, The Living Desert, Indian Canyons, Knott’s Soak City, Children’s Discovery Museum and Air Museum, world-class dining and shopping, including the popular Cabazon outlet, thrilling casinos, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Oasis Hotel Cathedral City
- Desert Oasis Cathedral City
- Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis Cathedral City, California Desert, CA