We used a timeshare trade. The resort is very nice and the grounds are very well kempt. Our room however overlooked the parking lot, next to a busy busy road. Make sure you call ahead and ask for a room overlooking the pool or golf course. The rooms are a bit dated, not badly, but somewhat. Things in the room were clean with the exception of a few lampshade cobwebs. The living room was very spacious....the other rooms were average size. The kitchen was well stocked with the basic items, but take your seasonings if youre planning to cook there. Salt and pepper only were furnished.
The pools are nice and mostly quiet. Nice temp, plenty of loungers, etc. There seemed to be a lot of activities and happy hours, lunch specials etc.
Average age of the guests we saw around the pools was about 65. We saw a few younger families but not many and we didn't see any fams with teeagers.
This seemed to be more of a retired couples hangout.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Oasis Hotel Cathedral City
- Desert Oasis Hotel
- Desert Oasis Cathedral City
- Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis Cathedral City, Greater Palm Springs, CA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Welk Resort Desert Oasis boasts 350 days of sunshine a year, with an average yearly temperature of 75 degrees. With breathtaking panaramic views of the San Jacinto Mountains, the resort is located 10 minutes from Palm Springs in Cathedral City, California. Swim in a large pool or lap pool, soak up some sun, or enjoy championship golf and tennis at our adjacent Cathedral Canyon Golf and Tennis Club, including a restaurant with locally inspired cuisine. Experience luxurious vacation villa accommodations that include full kitchens, living and dining areas, and private bedrooms with king beds. Activities Center includes fitness room, billiards, air hockey, darts, and Ping-Pong tables with planned activities and classes for all age groups. An arcade is next to the Activities Center. And when you’re ready to explore, nearby Palm Springs offers plenty to see – You won’t want to miss the Aerial Tramway, The Living Desert, Indian Canyons, Knott’s Soak City, Children’s Discovery Museum and Air Museum, world-class dining and shopping, including the popular Cabazon outlet, thrilling casinos, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.