“fantastic stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort

You added Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort to your Saves list
Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   67967 Vista Chino, Cathedral City, CA 92234 (Formerly Doral Desert Princess Resort)   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Cathedral City
Tampa, Florida
“fantastic stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Service was great during my entire stay. The room was also very nice and clean. I was there for a tennis event and it was a wonderful hotel due to the close proximity to the tennis courts. The location is beautiful. Travel from LAX is a valid alternative.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I'm sure in its heyday the resort was great but now all that's left is a place in desperate need of a refurb. The bar fridge in the room had rusty slats in the door, the pool loungers had broken slats and the carpets were heavily stained both in the room and common areas the resort. The TV's were also from the dark ages - not a big deal b/c it worked but you get the picture. On the plus side the staff were all pleasant.

Stayed April 2015
Alecia W, Manager at Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Hi Pinkblonde,

Thank you for the recent stay and review of the hotel. I hope you had a pleasant stay with us. I agree, the staff on property are great! I am happy to say we have a lot of amazing changes to come to the property in the very near future that I think anyone who stays with us will enjoy. I hope we can see you again to have a great time with us.

Thank you.
Tuba City, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel has beds that make it feel like you are laying on boards all night long!! I hate this hotel and never will stay at this hotel ever again. The hotel should change its name to Motel 6!!! The appearance is okay but the first night I complained about the hotel bed and they said that's all they had. The room drapes had blood on it. The room was muggy when we first entered. The hotel scenery was nice but please upgrade your hotel rooms. So disappointed!!!!

Room Tip: Never stay here until they do some major upgrades to the rooms. Unless you like sleeping on boards a...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Hi Greta R,

I am sorry to hear you were unhappy with your stay. I agree we have some great views, and our rooms are showing our age. I am very excited to say we have upgrades in the very near future for the whole property, that once completed, I am positive you will find to your liking. I hope we will see you again to experience the hotel in a new light. Contact the hotel if you decide you would like to try us out again. I can assure you we are absolutely amazing!

Thank you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Air conditioner had a noise on the last night and we couldn't sleep, overall service was good, the goose woke me up in the morning, but my daughter liked it because they had eggs on a nest on top of the pool bar. But maintenance removed the eggs, also the goose was swimming and poking inside the pool

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Alecia W, Manager at Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello Bellezalatina,

I hope you had an enjoyable stay with us. Our staff pride themselves on providing the best service to our guests that we can to ensure a great stay.

I do apologize for the geese and ducks, one of the side effects of being on a golf course is dealing with the birds. We do our best to try and keep them out of the water.

I hope we can see you again for any of your palm springs and Coachella valley stays.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel and surrounding golf course was beautiful!! So much green w/ the desert mountains in the background... Breathtaking! My boyfriend loves golf... He played as soon as we arrived while I watched & drive the cart. He played w/ both out of towners and locals were both were very friendly and welcoming.
Our room was a normal hotel room... Nothing special. It has a mini fridge which is convenient; however, no microwave... So don't bring leftovers back to the room unless you eat it cold. Hotel was in a convenient location.... Starbucks and grocery store right across the street. Freeway is right down the street.
Only bad, is the 1st night we were woken up by a strong smell of cigarettes. Our patio door was never opened and since it was so strong in the bathroom too... It had to have been coming thru the vents (we had our ac on). I have REALLY bad allergies to cigarette smoke... So, it put a bad damper on my morning and eff sting me the rest of the day. The 2nd, night/morning... No issues:)

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Hi icebox0009,

I agree, we have some amazing views and a great course! I am pleased to hear you and your boyfriend had an enjoyable time while staying with us and visiting the Palm Springs Valley.

I apologize for the smell, as we are a non smoking hotel and you should never have had a smell to begin with.

We look forward to having you again.

Thank you!
Las Vegas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Perfect location,great view of golf course from our room,extremly friendly personal,beautiful landscape,nice room. Cannot overlook dirty carpet,especialy around cofee maker,and dead bugs around sliding door in the room. It also may be time to replace towels,find some softer.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor it was great
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello 011BGD,

Thank you for your recent stay and review! We always appreciate knowing how we are doing.

I do apologize for the carpeting, we are an older hotel with some deep staining. I am happy to announce that we have a renovation planned for the near future where everything will be replaced and be fresh and new.

I hope we can see you again once completed where I am sure you will find the hotel much to your liking.

Our views and staff will continue to be as great as ever.

Best wishes.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great views. There are lots of things to do. I love the pool, lots of room. The very quiet and peaceful. The beds are really comfortable and nice. The rooms are very nice and clean. It is in a great location to grab Starbucks and take a nice stroll around the hotel.

Room Tip: I loved this hotel
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Hi Angelina365!

I am so happy to hear you had a great time with us! I agree, there are a lot of great features on and around the property! We have some stunning views and are centrally located, that anywhere you want or need to go is not far at all. Having a Starbucks and shopping center across the street is very convenient.

I hope we can see you again when you come to the valley. We have some great plans in the works that will make us even better.

Thanks!

Been to Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort? Share your experiences!