“GREAT STAY @ THE PRINCESS” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort

You added Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort to your Saves list
Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   67967 Vista Chino, Cathedral City, CA 92234 (Formerly Doral Desert Princess Resort)   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Cathedral City
“GREAT STAY @ THE PRINCESS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

My wife and I had a great time @ the Desert Princess. Great value and incredible views.
This hotel has a great location; it is close to Palm Springs, shopping and 27 holes of golf.
The golf is reasonable:$80.00 with a cart before noon and $60 after 12.
The staff were friendly and professional. We would definitely come back to this lovely spot.

• Stayed January 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I booked the Desert Princess as I was impressed with the look of the course and the facilities. Also the convenience of a golf course onsite was very attractive. Little did I know....

What Desert Princess Hotel doesn't tell you is that they in fact have NO affiliation with the golf course and can do nothing to assist getting you tee times. When I called the golf course they told me I could only book tee times two days in advance. Members get to book earlier. When I called at 7am on Tuesday for a Thursday tee time I was advised that they were completely full. Same happened the next day for Friday tee times. Told the hotel staff and they said there is nothing they could do to help. Had to go offsite to golf. Not impressed.

This is also true for the fitness Center and spa. Both are offsite and need to be booked externally. The hotel's "fitness center" is a tiny retro fitted hotel room. Using the nice gym advertised online will cost extra above and beyond the $20 daily resort fee being charged.

Other that slow wifi, not sure what that $20 includes.

Also, if the word "Golf" is in your resort name, you'd assume that the hotel would have the Golf Channel available. WRONG. No golf channel anywhere to be found.

Finally, on Sunday's all stores and restaurants are closed in the hotel so there is nothing to eat on site. Something conveniently left out of the website.

While clean, hotel is very dated and almost looks like it's about ready to shut down. Staff act that way as well. Pretty apathetic. All of these concerns were brought up to staff and were never really addressed.

Disappointing.

Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Mesquite, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The setting is lovely, the location very convenient. The golf course is excellent. The hotel is sadly in need of renovation. The rooms are a decent size, but that's where is ends! The toilet barely flushed, the shower was a trickle. The bed was comfortable (very firm) but the bedding was terrible - pillows hard, the sheets were mismatched and the one "blanket" was one of those nasty nylon/plush jobs. The view was of a giant expanse of flat roof, and even tho' the hotel was practically deserted when we asked for a different room they didn't have any available. All in all, one of our most disappointing hotel experiences.

Room Tip: See comments above - in need of alot of improvements!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Alecia W, Manager at Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hi Bridget K,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I hope your stay was enjoyable. I am sorry to hear that we were unable to accommodate your request to be moved to a different view. If you decide to stay with us again please let me know and I would be happy to ensure you have a much better view.

We have a lot of great things planned for this property in the near future that I hope you can experience.
Glendale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Your hospitality was excellent and your staff the most professional and curious people. Your restaurants were great and your service was awesome. Thank you for a great time for my first time visiting Palm Springs. I will definitely come again and stay at your facility.

Room Tip: Beautiful and pleasant. Comfortable and elegant.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Hi David K!

I am so glad to hear how much you enjoyed our property and staff! I agree, they are pretty awesome! We love to see reviews like this, thank you! We can't wait to have you again when you come back to the Palm Springs area!
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Desert Princess for 10 days in January 2014. My first tip is to book with the hotel directly. We made our original reservation with Booking.com but my husband called the hotel on a whim, and got the price down by $20/night. Second, when you stay for more than a week you get an even better rate! "Resort fees" which include things like free parking, free WiFi, free local calls....are included in the nightly rate. Be warned though - "local calls" means Palm Springs and Cathedral City - it does NOT mean Palm Desert, Desert Springs or any of the other five cities in the area with the same area code. We were hit with a $75 phone bill upon checkout, but upon disputing it the hotel waived it (which we very much appreciated).

The rooms were spacious and clean, but definitely in need of updating. I found two dead cockroaches - one behind the toilet and one underneath the bed when we were trying to find somewhere to plug in a cord. Also found one live one in the sink, which we quickly put outside where it belongs. Bugs aren't a big deal to us - when you're in a warm area, they're inevitable. We liked the fact that there were two sinks in the bathroom as well as a line to hang laundry on. We were in room 126 and had a nice patio overlooking the golf course, and it was close to the pool. The "Fitness Centre" is actually a hotel room where they've removed the furniture and replaced it with some treadmills and weights. It was usually empty. The pool area, which we didn't use because there were very few (if any) shady spots, was large and looked clean enough.

The restaurant was only open for breakfast on weekends, so we only ate there twice. The staff were friendly and the food was good.

We rented a car and found that most of the places we wanted to see were in Palm Desert, so we basically used the hotel just to sleep at. Oh - we did play pickle ball once - there's a great fitness centre (not affiliated with the hotel) within walking distance and they let us try it for free. Other benefits to this hotel are that it's right across the street from Stater Bros., Starbucks, CVS Pharmacy and Subway. We picked up subs or wraps to take on our hikes, which was convenient.

It's in a quiet, easy to find location - just a couple of blocks from the main highway. The grounds are beautiful and I would stay there again, but I agree with other reviewers that the hotel management should update the rooms.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Hi flyingfingers-7!

Thank you for your recent stay and review! I hope we can see you again when you come back to the valley for a vacation. We hear you all loud and clear about the room furnishings! Keep an eye out, because we plan a big update in the near future.

Thank you.
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was a clean hotel. Good value for the money. Beds were pretty uncomfortable, but pool and Jacuzzi's were nice. The TV was an old fashion box TV and a little blurry. The staff were nice and allowed us a late check out of 1:30.

Room Tip: Beds are very uncomfortable. Bring your favorite pillow to help.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Hello Sherri,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed yourself while staying. Please keep an eye out in the near future for some great new things to come.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Booked the hotel on Travalocity for it was on a golf course and a central location. The gold course and the location are outstanding...the hotel is very poor. Killed a big lime green bug my first night in the room. The second night there was another bug that made a chirping noise, I threw my water bottle at the window where the noise was coming from and it stopped ( I thought I had a lucky shot and killed it with the water bottle). The next night the noise started again, I called the front desk who send the guy. He looked for a minute and could not find it so he solution was to spray some chemical to kill the bug in the room I was going to sleep in. I suggested taking down the curtains for the bug was somewhere in there. We should have left the curtains up....the crap that came out was not pretty....but we found the bug and he killed it.
Beside the bugs the internet which they charge you for did not work well and was totally down a number of times, and the TV would work for five minute and then go to snow. The staff tried to fix it by unplugging it and them plugging it back in...this did not work so I just did not watch TV.

Now just tonight I was told at 7:00 PM that I needed to get out of my room for I did not have a reservation for tonight. I checked my Travelocity confirmation email and it shows me being booked from the 11th to the 16th (tonight checking out on the 17th) When I explained that my flight home does not leave till tomorrow the 17th, the said I could stay but they would have to charge me double for the room. When I got Travelocity involved and they called the hotel to confirm that my booking was including the night of the 16th checking out on the 17th....the person at the desk told them that I changed the booking to to leave a day earlier. This does not make sense for my flight home was not till the 17th and I did not want to sleep on the street (even thought there may have been less bugs). Travelocity was finally able to get it resolved.

If you are up for an adventure that includes bugs, faulty internet and satellite TV along with a hotel that tries to rip you off...than this is the place you want.
The location is nice and the golf is great :)

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Hello Benrie,

I am sorry to hear of the booking mix up you experienced while with us, and thank you for bringing it to our attention. I assure you this does not happen often and we pride ourselves on the great customer service we are often praised on. If you should choose to come to the valley again I would be happy to assist you in a future booking with us. We are planning some big changes and modernizing in the summer, that I am sure you would fined to your liking.

Been to Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort? Share your experiences!