“Past Prime Resort” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort

You added Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort to your Saves list
Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   67967 Vista Chino, Cathedral City, CA 92234 (Formerly Doral Desert Princess Resort)   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cathedral City
Joshua
“Past Prime Resort”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Formerly Known as the Doral Palms Resort in Palm Springs. It is located at 67967 Vista Chino in Cathedral City near Palm Springs. The resort clearly had a grander past. The rooms were very plan a tired appearing. The resort was clean and the grounds/golf course well maintained. Food was well prepared and overall good and they will also willing to cater to dietary restrictions including gluten free and dairy free, as well as vegetarian. It is easy to find and the check in the check out process was painless with the helpful and friendly staff. They do not link any numbers to your room key other than your room number, so you can return the electronic room key rather than worry about credit card and personal information being on it and potentially being compromised. It had a nice view of the mountains, a large outdoor swimming pool and a nice appearing golf club and course.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Desert Princess twice on a recent trip to Palm Springs and found the rates and accommodation to be excellent. In particular the Stay and Play golf package was superb value. We would definitely return for this package alone.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We really liked the Desert Princess: it was clean, quiet, and the staff were friendly and always helpful. It's a pet friendly hotel, so I was able to bring my dog; there was no problem with noise or smells from other pets. We also played one of the golf courses there and enjoyed that as well. The hotel is well located to visit the various attractions in Palm Springs and Palm Desert. Our only complaint is that the bed was hard. Overall it was a fine weekend at the Desert Princess and we'll certainly go back soon.

Room Tip: Please change the mattress!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
George L, General Manager at Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Doug C,
Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding your stay with us as they are so important to our success. I will pass the comments on to my team as they do all they can to ensure valued guests like yourself have a great experience. When you chose to return in the future, please forward this email to me as a reminder so I may upgrade you to a suite at the standard room rate and provide a complimentary breakfast to enhance your stay.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Made a same day reservation. When we got there early, our room want ready. Guest services were very helpful in finding us a place to change into our swim suits to hang out by the pool until our room was ready. Got to the pool. It was about 92 that day. There was only one other couple by the pool. Unfortunately of the 3 umbrellas out the only one that would stay up was right next to the other couple. We expected pool side service. And quality to go with it. But that's not what we found. To the staffs credit they were happy to cancel our reservation free of charge. So we found a different hotel that met our standards. Advice for those visiting palm springs, there is a very good reason this hotel is a lot cheaper than the others. Don't let the picture of the pool fool you!

Stayed November 2014
los gatos, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here with friends at the end of summer. Though the rooms were a bit outdated, we enjoyed the pool and beautiful golf course. Will definitely bring family here if we have a chance to vacation in So. Cal.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear abcde0,
Thank you so very much for your comments as they are very important to our success. I will share your positive comments with my team as they love to hear that our guests have enjoyed themselves and had a positive experience. We are currently reviewing opportunities for a complete refresh in the near future as we and our company wish to improve every guest experience. If you choose to return in the future please forward this response to me prior to your intended return and I will assure you a positive experience with breakfast and significant guest room upgrade!.
West Covina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My recent stay at Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort was at best adequate. Since the title of the hotel suggests luxury, it didn't deliver for what a resort should be. The deluxe rooms that we stayed in, felt like I went back in time in the 70's. Tube TV's, outdated wallpaper, only two pillows, no comforter were the ones that stood out the most. I'm sure that there are "luxury" rooms for higher rate, however my wife and I stayed at some resorts and their "deluxe" rooms were amazing. I'm not the only one that shared this sentiment. Many of our friends had the same comments. Also, there were many exit points at the hotel where I don't have to walk a mile to get into my room, unfortunately, none of them worked when I insert my hotel key.

In conclusion, my stay was adequate. If the goal was just to have somewhere to sleep, it did its job. It didn't stand out. I would not go back and book a hotel stay unless theres a convention. My suggestions, update the decor of the rooms...every little detail counts.

Room Tip: Update the decor. Have updated TVs, wallpaper, coffee. I have been in hotels that have good qualit...
Dear jp0071276,
Thank you so very much for your comments as they are very important and allow us to address these shortfalls in the future. We are currently reviewing opportunities for a complete refresh in the near future as we and our company wish to improve every guest experience. I apologize for your disappointing experience and would like the opportunity to assuage your disappointment with a complimentary upgrade to a suite for your stay in the future if you choose to return. Please forward this response to me prior to your intended return and I will assure you a positive experience.
Murrieta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel was clean. Staff was friendly. The bell boy was non existent. He saw we had bags to carry but chose not to assist us. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. There was a conference there for teens during the weekend so it was crowded.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
George L, General Manager at Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Michelle C,
Thank you for your comments they will certainly assist me in addressing the bellman issue. I am please to hear the rest of my team met your expectation of hospitality and cleanliness. I will pass on your generous comments to the staff as they strive every day to succeed at ensuring you, our valued guests have an enjoyable stay.
Warm Regards,
George

Been to Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort

Address: 67967 Vista Chino, Cathedral City, CA 92234 (Formerly Doral Desert Princess Resort)
Location: United States > California > California Desert > Greater Palm Springs > Cathedral City
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cathedral City
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort 3.5*
Whether you're looking for a quiet weekend getaway or a productive business trip, the Desert Princess Golf Resort offers the perfect blend of business and leisure amenities. Surrounded by majestic mountain views, just minutes from downtown Palm Springs, the Doral features 285 guest rooms & suites, 27 holes of championship golf, an Olympic size swimming pool, two hot tubs & over 23,000 sq. ft. of technologically inspired meeting space. The perfect getaway once it's time to get away. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doral Desert Princess Resort Palm Springs Hotel Cathedral City
Doral Desert Princess Cathedral City
Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort Cathedral City, Greater Palm Springs, CA

If you own or manage Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.