“Perfect for the Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort

Save Saved
You added Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort to your Saves list
Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   67967 Vista Chino, Cathedral City, CA 92234 (Formerly Doral Desert Princess Resort)   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Cathedral City
California
“Perfect for the Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at this resort several years ago, and loved the location. After reading reviews, I was nervous about our visit. Our family had a great experience at the Desert Princess, and visiting during the off season was so much more relaxing. Chela helped us at check in, and she let us look at a couple rooms, and choose the view we wanted!! She also gave us tips about resturaunts in the area, and coupons to use. Yes the rooms are dated, but they are clean have everything you need!! My husband and son golfed, and loved the course!! Rates for golf couldn't be beat!! Is it a 4 star resort , no, but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and would return!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Robert T, Manager at Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your comments and for recognizing Chela as providing outstanding service. We are happy to read you will continue to use us for future accommodations in our area. Visit again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Other than a few employees (the manager and everyone at the front desk, except Jessica) this place was a nightmare. My mom and youngest sister, my sister and her baby and husband, and my husband and myself all met at this place for a nice relaxing weekend together for the first time in forever, and it was the worst place I've ever stayed in my life.

This place is in need of a serious make-over. My mom's room was disgusting. The curtains were stained black from dirt and who knows what else, the roll aways had holes in them, the floors had stains all over, and bed sheets looked like they were a good 20 years old, and everything else was just so outdated. When I went down to check into my second room, I asked to speak with the manager. I explained everything to him, and after him telling me he knew the rooms were gross and needed to be renovated and that is why my rate was at a low price of just over $100, he agreed to lower the cost I was paying per night to "the rate of a motel 6". Seriously? Way to sell your business, dude.

The place was a ghost town. They advertise on their site that they have a nice pool side bar and cabana, but the bar was closed. On a Friday evening. And they had a total of 3 umbrellas for the 50+ chairs out there. The pool area itself was so pitiful. They provide towels for you along with a giant, dirty bin for people to dispose of them in (which wasn't even used judging by the dirty, smelly towels thrown all over the ground and chairs out there). The floor of the pool is covered with weird brown stains and the was white, bubbly crap at the top of the water. We weren't sure if that was from people spitting in the water, or from the couple we witnessed having sex, more than once. We sat near the stairs for a few minutes, but got out after some obnoxious, drunk idiot walked past us announcing the water behind him was warm because he just peed in it.

We went back upstairs and I tried calling the front desk to ask for new towels since housekeeping never came to do our room while we were out. The first time it rang, someone picked up, then hung up a second later. The second time, Jessica picked up, asked me to hold, then hit the hold button before I could even say anything. I eventually hung up after waiting over 10 minutes.

Also, the whole trip our key wouldn't work for their side door the was right by the elevator to get to our room. It wasn't just the 4 keys between our two rooms. It was every person I saw trying to get in this way, no matter how many times we went to the front desk to have them re-key it. If we weren't lucky enough to be trying to get in at the same time another guest was walking past, we would have to walk to the other side of the property to get in. Not too bad when it's just my husband and I, but pretty awful when it's 110*+ AND we have a 9 month old with us.

The only perk to this place was the view. It is beautiful! We had a nice wrap around balcony, so we could see everything. That, plus the few people at the front desk that were willing to apologize for an awful experience are the only reason for the two stars. If this property does a complete renovation and takes the time to really train their staff, they might have a chance to turn this deserted hotel into something people might enjoy staying at.

If you are on a very, VERY low budget and don't have any standards at all when it comes to where you stay, by all means, stay here. Otherwise, I'd recommend looking for somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
I apologize we were unable to meet your expectations. We continuously are making improvements to the property while trying to remain competitively priced within the area but from your comments we fell miserably far from achieving our goal of providing a clean friendly environment. We will use your comments as a learning tool as we strive to improve.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

No complaints... staff was great. Golf was great and at a great price! Pool was great! Overall I give the resort an "A"! And, I know that my family and I would stay at Desert Princess Resort again. We stayed during the hottest month of the year, so the hotel was not full and they probably do not open the lounge and restaurants all day because of that, which was fine. Plenty of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
We are all happy to read we were able to provide you and your family with a relaxing visit and vacation. We are so happy you recognized our friendly staff as we feel that is what sets us apart from our competition. We look forward to your next visit,
Clovis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My first trip to Palm Springs definitely wont be my last thanks to Desert Princess. While the rooms are average the price is fantastic. The grounds and spa are exquisite. I scheduled a couple massage which was wonderful. I was impressed that many of the hotel guests we met in the pool were from nearby Orange County and use this place as a getaway destination for R&R.

Room Tip: Definitely pay the extra for the mountain/pool view. It's worth it.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for recognizing our outstanding value. Our spa personal will be so happy to read they were able to enhance your stay by providing outstanding service. We hope to see you again in the very near future.
Ontario's Near North, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Felt like the only guests there as we never seen or heard anyone else. Rooms are spacious but are starting to show signs of age. Would definitely stay at again. Caution: resort fee charged at check out.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your rating and kind words. We do have a Resort Fee that is the lowest in the Coachella Valley which includes complementary parking and in room WIFI access. We feel it is an overall outstanding value. Please come visit again very soon.
Vancouver, British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This trip was our third stay. Each time, we had a fabulous time. The resort is beautiful and clean. There were no bug problems inside the rooms. The pool is amazimg: its clean and long so you can swim laps.

On our first two trips everything was great.

On our recent trip, a group of noisy ecocentric young adults invaded the pool area, set up a boom box, and inflicted their noise on everyone else. I found this very rude and my pool experience was greatly diminished as a result. As the gang was big, it seemed difficult to approach them and ask them to turn it off. It would have been nice if the Doral staff had told them "no boom boxes in the pool area."

The bed was great. The mattress protector was awful and cruppled up under the sheets. The sheets were low quality. Improving these two things would make the stay better.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your suggestions as we are constantly making improvements to enhance our guest's experience. We will use your input to set our priorities. If at anytime you encounter a rude or unruly person or persons please pick up the phone and report it to the Front Desk. We will immediately send hotel personal to dispel the situation.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I took my boyfriend for his birthday since he loves to play golf. We arrived and I was grateful they allowed early check-in. The room key did not work, I went to the front desk they gave me another key, the 2nd room key did not work, this time he walked to the front desk, the third key did not work, they moved us to another room and that key did not work either. Maintenance man came and let us into room. The carpet had a huge water stain, it looked as if there was a flood and the room smelled. They moved us back to the original room and the maintenance man changed the battery on the door and checked the key. The hotel needs renovating BAD! the curtains are tattered, the TV is old, the furniture is stained, tattered and old, and the refrigerator is in the bathroom. (yes the bathroom). We left the room for lunch and came back to find the key card did not work again. So when we came back from dinner later we had another maintenance man walk us back to the room to unlock and he cleaned out the slot for the key card and told us it was working however we were afraid to go out again. The only compensation they gave us was a free breakfast the morning we checked in and a comment from the manager to contact her if we come back and she "will try to do something for us, if she is still working there" Although my boyfriend loved the golf course and I loved the comfortable bed and view, I will be looking into other resorts in the area. I feel with the proper upgrades this could or use to be a great resort. Nothing was taken off my bill and as a matter of fact they are still holding $50 against my credit card for incidentals (which we did not incur ) A discount on our room, another comp meal, a voucher for a return trip something anything offered to make us come back would have been appreciated, I feel so cheated :(

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
I apologize your concerns with your door lock were not rectified in a timely and acceptable manner. Though our property is dated we do strive to provide a clean, friendly, maintained environment while still providing an outstanding value and sadly it appears from your experience we failed miserably. If your travel do bring you back to our area please contact me directly so I may personally attend to your flawless visit. .

Been to Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort? Share your experiences!