“Nice Getaway” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort

Save Saved
You added Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort to your Saves list
Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   67967 Vista Chino, Cathedral City, CA 92234 (Formerly Doral Desert Princess Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
30% Off Rates
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Cathedral City
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice Getaway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I found this hotel through a Groupon promotion and decided to book for my husbands and me for our birthdays. The hotel was nice - outdated, but nice. The location was easy to find and central to shopping and great restaurants and a movie theater (Maracas Mexican food nearby and Otori Sushi are great). The pool is very nice and has a great little bar for refreshments. The room quality was okay. The TV is very old and kept freezing on the movie selection page. The shower handle in the bathroom was broken - we had to maneuver it into position for it to turn on. Overall, we had a nice weekend though.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Oakland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Hotel staff was fairly kind but they provided us with coupons for the spa so we could use them the next day but the spa wasn't even open. Website states amenities like a spa and restaurant but they weren't open for the entirety of our stay, Pool stayed open late for us which was nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Robert T, Manager at Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
I apologize for the misinformation. Due to the nature of the off season, the Sis open for appointments only as there is not an attendant during off peak times. Leave a message on the Spa voicemail and you will receive a phone call to book your treatment. I will review this with the team to ensure this does not occur in the future.
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

When I first arrived at this hotel I was greeted by Chela. She was sooo friendly and sooo helpful. It was our first time staying in palms springs and it won't be the last because of the friendly staff. Chela answered all our questions regarding the city and gave us good recommendations on where to go. Since it was a Thursday she suggested for us to go to the street fair which we did and had a great time :) I highly recommend this hotel great rooms and awesome staff :)

• Stayed July 2014
Chela is so happy to read she made your visit special. We truly believe it is our team members that sets us apart from the other resorts in our area. We thank you for taking the time to let us know we are doing things right. We hope you will visit soon in the very near future.
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I want to start out by admitting the reviews were shady. I booked for the budget rate from TravelZoo. I knew $79 per night didn't get you luxury, but I always expect hot water, clean sheets and A/C. The first two rooms lacked them all - they were at least 90 degrees in temp with brown towels (that used to be white a long time ago.

Third room got cool and the sheets were tan instead of brown. Towels were merely light grey. I talked myself into staying because the staff was so helpful (albeit flustered). The pool has 20 chaise lounges and maybe five umbrellas. For a capacity of 100?

The food was ok for breakfast. The pizza in the lounge is good. Servers were nice at both eateries.

I see plans for renovation. Don't come here until it's complete. Not even for free.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Robert T, Manager at Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I apologize it took us awhile to find you an acceptable room. We are in the process of changing our towels and sheets from a bone colored product to a white product as we feel the tan color appears unclean. We continue to make improvements to the property as we await our large renovation. Thank you for your comments as it gives us direction on where we need to focus.
San Marino
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Clean & quiet. Facility is older but is getting a full remodel over the next 9 months. Will make this place perfect. Although there are more luxurious resorts, it did the job well for the needs of our group, especially for the rate. What put it over the top was that the service was outstanding. Also, food in restaurant was good too.

Used Event Planner to book. Ben Broyles, Group Sales Manager, serviced our group and was very accommodating. Weekend was smooth and overall we had a great time, in large part from our experience at the Desert Princess Resort.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Robert T, Manager at Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
It was a pleasure to host your event and we all sincerely hope we will continue to be your choice for accommodations whenever your travels bring you back to our area. You have a great group of well behaved young gentlemen. Ben was happy to ensure a pleasant experience and was pleased to read you recognized his efforts. Come back soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am like you I have read all the reviews on every place I stay, I do this to see experiences. However, I cannot tell you how way off the reviews on this hotel are. A majority of the reviews as you have seen are comments about the hotel be out dated. Ok, I will agree it is a little outdated as far as décor and furniture. However, the décor is nice. They have plans to remodel as seen when you are there (Downstairs there is a display of their plans). Ok, so moving past the décor being outdated. The hotel is amazing. We stayed in a corner suite and I have to tell you my wife and kids were VERY happy with my decision to stay here. Our room over looked the golf course and the lakes. HUGE ROOM with VERY LARGE balconies. Could I knit pick things in the room? Sure, but that would be silly of me as over-all I was extremely happy. The customer service was great! I lost my favorite hat there (pool area) and one staff member tried to help me find it, they were like on a mission. Unfortunately, it was lost. :(
PROS: Secure, beautiful resort, very friendly staff, amazing views, amazing suites, right on golf course (Walk to the clubhouse), surrounded by shops and restaurants across the street.
CONS: If you are into the most modern décor and can't accept slightly outdated décor then this isn't the place for you. But, then again you would be slightly pretentious.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
WOW! Thank you so much for the outstanding review. We are so happy to read we are achieving our goal to provide an outstanding experience at a fair price. Please visit again soon!
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Pros: The rooms were clean; people were friendly. Good value. Good location.

But, can't wait for the upgrades.

Cons: low pressure in shower, limited restaurant hours.

I didn't understand how to access the tennis, golf and/or fitness rooms.

Room Tip: just outdated.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your comments. We have maps at the Front Desk of the property to show you the Tennis Center. We will be sure to give you one on your next visit.

Been to Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort? Share your experiences!