We wanted to like this place because we supposedly got some great deal that the hotel advertised...not so much. We were artists doing the La quinta fine arts show so we were there for several days. When we made the reservations (weeks in advance) one weekend night was sold out but she assured us we could keep checking back in and they would still honor the deal advertised. We knew it was more expensive on weekends but were told it would be the same price as Friday night - sure we understood and no problem. We checked daily on sat availability and it finally came thru BUT only if we were willing to pay x3 the price (literally) because they were so booked. The day manager, who was completely annoyed with having to discuss this or answer questions, said that was a discount and they could sell the room for a much higher rate so take it or leave it basically. Since we had been there a week and had Sunday reservations AND in the middle of working our show we could leave sat then come back in sunday (really...pack and unpack in the middle of this). We took it because we didnt really have a choice. I didnt mention the rooms yet...plenty big and the pool is really nice but someone should call 1980 and tell them where to find rooms - very dated but it was clean.
We understand it must be hard to sell rooms at a less expensive rate when you could sell out BUT dont advertise or promise otherwise. Also...the day manager might want to consider some training in customer service. The entire rest of the staff was very friendly and we did appreciate that.
After all of this my bill was still wrong when I checked out...they had charged me higher prices than promised. Fortunately I had the email with my real prices (with sat as an exception so they really stuck it to us for that night) - Nice! Read other reviews from people (I didnt see this until after our stay) about wrong bills. Yikes...bad business.
- Also Known As:
- Doral Desert Princess Resort Palm Springs Hotel
- Doral Desert Princess Resort Palm Springs Hotel Cathedral City
- Doral Desert Princess Cathedral City
- Desert Princess Palm Spring Golf Resort Cathedral City, Greater Palm Springs, CA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're looking for a quiet weekend getaway or a productive business trip, the Desert Princess Golf Resort offers the perfect blend of business and leisure amenities. Surrounded by majestic mountain views, just minutes from downtown Palm Springs, the Doral features 285 guest rooms & suites, 27 holes of championship golf, an Olympic size swimming pool, two hot tubs & over 23,000 sq. ft. of technologically inspired meeting space. The perfect getaway once it's time to get away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Loews Hotels, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, EasyToBook, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Desert Princess Palm Spring Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.