“Book a Pool View Room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort

You added Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort to your Saves list
Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   67967 Vista Chino, Cathedral City, CA 92234 (Formerly Doral Desert Princess Resort)   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Cathedral City
“Book a Pool View Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I came to Palm Springs ( from cold Calgary ) for our 10 year Anniversary! We really enjoyed our stay at Dessert Princess golf resort. We booked a pool view room & just loved it. Loved sitting on the balcony sipping wine & taking in the gorgeous views. Not only do you see the pool, but the golf course, the mountains, & palm trees. The room was exceptionally clean, pretty comfy beds, & loved the make up vanity. We only had one problem with our room, & that was the TV. Only a few channels worked. This made it hard to enjoy the Olympics at times. The TV would just cut out and go fuzzy.
The pool was awesome, very clean, every morning they seemed to be cleaning & maintaing it. The little restaurant downstairs served the best coffee, & really great tasting food. Had the breakfast buffet & it was delicious & plentiful.
We golfed a lot, & it was a very busy course. We found if we booked a tee time at about 2:00 we were able to play by ourselves instead of pairing up with strangers. The golf carts have ice coolers. Perfect for a six pack!
Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014
Robert T, Director of Rooms at Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for your review. Agreeable our suite have one of the best views in the entire valley. We will be renovating this summer and will replace the televisions at that time. We hope you will visit again in the very near future,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Beautiful location - great golf course- grounds in great shape- flowers gorgeous! corner suite very large- needs updating (old tv's, carpeting) but they say this is in near future- wrap around outside deck to see gorgeous view!-Beware! keys become inactive shortly after 12pm checkout so if you are running a little late ( less then 15 min??) and packing your car up and plan on coming back in to grab more stuff - you can't get back into room without going to front desk to reactivate key!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Robert T, Director of Rooms at Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
I love your review! We think this area is heaven and it is the reason we live here. We cannot wait for yu to come back so we can share another little piece of Heaven.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

So, which comes first? The chicken or the egg? Had a reservation thru Groupon for 2/15-2/17. This was prepaid & I also called Desert Princess Friday afternoon, 2/14, to confirm & they told me I was all good. Showed up Saturday, 2/15, & was told that my reservation had been cancelled & that there was nothing that they could do! They suggested I call Expedia, who I guess gets these reservations from Groupon & ultimately owns them. I was just stunned & devastated! I’d been looking forward to this, as I don’t get many off days & was counting on capitalizing on a holiday Monday. I asked them how this could happen, how could I call to confirm less than 24 hours before I was due to arrive, have the hotel tell me I was good to go & then just turn around & say my reservation was cancelled when I come to check-in! Hotel explained that when you go thru a 3rd party vendor, many times, they overbook which leads to them cancelling reservations last minute, etc. I kinda get it. But does Desert Princess understand that they have allowed their business & their name/brand to be outsourced to Groupon, Expedia, etc. and as such, at what point does someone step up & take personal accountability for customer service? If I have paid & called you, the actual establishment, to confirm & you tell me I’m good, how the heck can you tell me that it’s tough luck less than 24 hours later?! Chelia, the front desk mgr. was nice & they tried to offer me a conf. room that they’d fashioned into a makeshift hotel room by rolling in two rollaway beds, but I was budgeted & didn’t want to be out of another $300+ bucks, not even sure when/if I’m going to see a full refund from whoever the heck is in control of my reservation. To Groupon.com , to Desert Princess Golf Resort, to Expedia.com – what is wrong with you people?! At what point, as a customer, do I exhaust my due diligence & you guys take over & deliver instead of passing the buck?! I drove down from LA to Palm Springs with my 4 yr old, who had been looking forward to this for the past week, only to have to dry her tears on the way home. This ruined all our weekend plans. Everything else in PS area was booked or cost a small fortune. So this was a COLOSSAL waste of time, not to mention, just crushing. So be forewarned, having a deal even if it’s bought & confirmed, WILL NOT guarantee you a room! And to Desert Princess, you do take on some of the responsibility of the reservation whether it’s been booked directly thru you or not. So kind of disappointed in your staff’s unwillingness to honor the original transaction.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Robert T, Director of Rooms at Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
This is just tragic and I apologize this happened to you and your daughter. I would welcome speaking to you directly. Please contact me.
Vista, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Overall, our stay at the Desert Princess Golf Resort was a good one. The room was clean and comfortable, had a great view of the pool, golf course, and surrounding mountains. The pool was clean and heated and we would come back for sure. The only nits I have is the resort is starting to show its age a bit (soundproofing could be better, popcorn ceilings, CRT TV, etc.) and is a bit away from restaurants and activities, but those are not that big of a deal to us.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
I am so happy to read you had a great time while staying with us. We look forward to you returning after we renovate to enjoy our updated rooms.
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I am not sure if all the rooms have a view of the golf course or mountains, but ours was wonderful, so relaxing to sit on the balcony and relax. We did not use any of the facilities. We were at a business meeting and the food served was very good with a very attentive employee base.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments. I agree you cannot beat the view and it is so worth it to book a room with a view. You can't improve on Mother Nature.
Ventura, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We along with several other guests we encounted had issues getting our room keys to work and had issues with the outside entrances
The bed was hard and the pillows were flat, we asked for more pillows and slept better the second night of our stay

Room Tip: Had to ask for more pillows
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
I apologize you had issues with your key cards not operating correctly I understand from experience how frustrating this can be. We have called a technician to resolve this issue. I was glad to read your had a restful stay and we look forward to your next visit.
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I did enjoy our view of the golf course from our corner suite although it was quite far away from the parking lot. I would like to try a corner suite on the other side of the resort facing the road with a balcony also I prefer being able to use the stairways instead of the elevators. Our room was right by a stairwell however it was alarmed so we were not able to use them.

Room Tip: Bring a door stop to hold the door open while you bring your luggage into the room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Robert T, Director of Rooms at Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words!

We are always so happy to read when we exceed our guests' expectations. We await your next visit.

Been to Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort? Share your experiences!