I booked this hotel based strictly on their ratings. We visit Palm Springs often and were looking to find something affordable but a bit nicer than the local Motel 6. Well wow was I pleasantly surprised! We were on an anniversary trip so I splurged a bit by booking one of the corner suites. Definitely worth the extra bit of money. Very affordable for this time of year (Oct). And very close to the downtown strip area (maybe 10 min drive).
Based on what I had read before booking, I was already aware that the décor would be dated and it was. Very 80's Miami Vice. But I was cool with that if it meant a nice view and amenities. And that's exactly what we got. Hotel staff was very pleasant & quick upon check-in. Once we got to our room we walked into a very large living room/dining area. Lots of space. A pull-out bed couch. A sink & refrigerator made storing some of our own adult beverages much easier. My only complaint would be that it would have been nice to have a microwave. But it didn't deter from the experience.
The bedroom had a very large & comfortable king sized bed with the large balcony/patio area right off of it. The balcony actually spanned the entire suite which was fantastic! And the view from ours was beautiful! Ponds, golf course, plenty of palm trees and a gorgeous view of the mountains. So nice!
There were two bathrooms in the suite. One in the main living room area which was just a sink & toilet. Nice space in it but the toilet didn't flush well. The main bathroom had a double sink and a large closet with ironing board & iron if needed. The shower/toilet were in a separate room from the sinks which was nice. Only complaint being the horrid water pressure in the shower. Next time we are going to ask for a suite on one of the other floors in hopes that maybe the pressure is better there (we stayed in 327).
Overall I was very happy with this hotel and room. Yes, the décor is beyond dated and a bit worn but the space and view and huge balcony more than make up for it! I would definitely recommend this hotel and we are already planning another trip here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're looking for a quiet weekend getaway or a productive business trip, the Desert Princess Golf Resort offers the perfect blend of business and leisure amenities. Surrounded by majestic mountain views, just minutes from downtown Palm Springs, the Doral features 285 guest rooms & suites, 27 holes of championship golf, an Olympic size swimming pool, two hot tubs & over 23,000 sq. ft. of technologically inspired meeting space. The perfect getaway once it's time to get away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doral Desert Princess Resort Palm Springs Hotel Cathedral City
- Doral Desert Princess Cathedral City
- Desert Princess Palm Springs Golf Resort Cathedral City, California Desert, CA