“Mushy Meatloaf Burgers” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Description: Frickleburgers is a new addition to the Fast Fresh Market... Frickleburgers is the nickname given by my family for a German Beef Patty called Frickadellen... Frickleburgers is a simple concept that has exceptional follow through. It has a base of 7 core items which can be personalized in over 10,000 plus ways. You have the choice of our flagship item the traditional Frickleburger, Chicken Schnitzel Sandwich, Bratwurst, All Beef Frankfurter, Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich, Salad Bowl, or Veggie Burger. Each of which can be dressed with a list of over 35 different high quality toppings... When you approach the Frickleburgers counter you will receive a paper checklist to customize your sandwich. Then just proceed to the register, turn in your order and payment, and you can sip on your choice of beverage while one of our crew member prepares your fresh custom creation... All of our Beef and Chicken is naturally raised and hormone free. All of our other ingredients are of the highest quality available with produce coming from local farms... Side dishes are French Fries and Battered Onion Rings, also topped with an array of possible ingredients. Remember to try our Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing for Dipping! For the topper to your culinary creation FrickleBurgers' Buns are baked fresh by a local bakery. These buns will not fall apart like so many!... We also offer catering for your next "meating," tailgating, or any other gathering
Cathedral City
“Mushy Meatloaf Burgers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I ordered 2 burgers, french fies and onion rings. What we received was fries and onion rings soaking in dirty oil. The burgers tasted like mushy meatloaf.It was not what we expected. What a disappointment.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Mike Z, Owner at Frickleburgers, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
We were saddened and surprised with your 1 star review. At Frickleburgers our burger recipe comes from the German Frickadellen which is quite similar to a European meatloaf, as is stated on the Menu Board. I am truly sorry it was not to your taste as we have been reviewed quite well on the quality and texture of our burger, but again, it is different than an American Hamburger.
As far as our fries and onion rings are concerned, they are served "Fish & Chips" style in the paper bag which absorbs the oil from the fries or rings and should be poured into the paper boat which it comes with. I am sorry if my staff did not pour them into the paper boats, and I will revisit that with them.
Lastly, I can assure you that our oil is not dirty as I personally make sure that the fryer and its contents are drained, cleaned, and refilled on a regular and timely schedule. All Health Department standards are extremely important to my restaurant and its concept.
Again, I am truly sorry you did not enjoy your experience, and if you would like to contact me at mike@frickleburgers.com maybe I can make it up to you somehow. I appreciate all customers who walk through my door and value their feedback.
Michael Zoll/Owner

Desert Hot Springs, California, United States
“Not to bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Will heard about this place thru some friends and said why not try them, The Customer Service was so Good I felt like I made a new friend ;-), I oder a burger which I made up my self it had aiolio(which wasn't that) it was olive oil with tons of garlic so Maybe they should change the name to that Hint hint because that is flase advertisement ,the meat to bun ratio was a little over whelming the bun all though it was soft it was alot of it compared to the meat now my date had a chicken burger and that was really good a much better choice and the onion rings not freashly made was still good, the fries not so much just basic I recommend them if you want great service and a good chicken burger but I like grill a burger and I like 5 guys

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Palm Springs, California
“Best burger around and the owner is FABULOUS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Heard about Frickleburger from friends. SO glad we tried it. The owner greets you warmly and gives you the lowdown on the extensive menu. Enourmous burgers, great buns, great chicken schitzle and tater tots!!!! The onion rings are good, too. I'm a regular and a BIG fan!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Cathedral City, California
“Five guys doesn't hold a candle to this place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

In two words, custom yum. Great food, great service. Simply perfect.

Lake Elsinore, CA.
“Mother Frickle!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband and I recently visited Cathedral City and after checking Yelp and tripadvisor we decided to visit Frickleburgers and I'm so glad we did! The first time we visited we both built our own burgers and they were great. One little tiny complaint...the "aioli" is basically just mayo and minced garlic...a lot of garlic. While the flavor was good at first the garlic got to be a little too much. Aioli is typically smoother and this sauce has distinctly minced pieces of garlic. If that's your thing then have at it! Michael was fantastic and my drink was never empty and he's super friendly.

The next time we went (a few days later) we both chose from the area known as "house creations" and I'm so glad we did!! OMG--MOTHER FRICKLE!! Seriously amazing burger. My mouth is watering as I am writing this and I could just get in my car and drive the hour and a half to get one. Everything about it was so good...OH and I added bacon, YUM!! Obviously the aioli didn't stop me from going back as that is just a taste issue. I'm sure many people love it just the way it is. My husband got the Big Kenny and said it was good and he would order it again. The service was good again even though Michael wasn't there. I have almost forgotten to mention their buns which would be a crime. They are soft and fresh and OH SO GOOD. Dang I just may have to make a trip out there just to have another burger now that I have been going on and on about them. :)

Try the blue cheese dressing, which has a very mild blue cheese flavor, with the fries, onion rings and on your burger.

• 5 of 5 stars Food