“Brilliant hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)

You added Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   36101 Date Palm Drive, Cathedral City, CA 92234   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cathedral City
Erskine
“Brilliant hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

One night stay which if we had known about the quality would have planned additional nights.
Great location. Excellent welcome and made to feel special and provided with advice on local amenities. Given upgraded room which was super in size, facilities and overlooked the pool area and the distant mountains. The room had two desks, comfortable seating areas, a sofa, small kitchen area and a separate bathroom.
Made use of the pool which was needed given the heat and to allow us to relax having driven across from San Diego. Very quiet as it was midweek and out of the busy season. We had an excellent nights sleep and woke afresh for our travel across the Mojave.
Breakfast included in the price was the best we have been offered in our two month holiday trip. Quality food, great choices and healthy options.
This is a star of a hotel and superior quality to our normal experience of a Holiday Inn Express. Which I have to say has always been good.

Room Tip: Avoid weekends. The deal we got was because it was a quiet midweek stay. Tends to be booked out at w...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Emmen, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

we arrived quite late in the evening but with a reservation. The check-in went really quick and our room was clean and big. The outside pool is open until 11 pm so we could hear some noise but after 11 pm it was really silent. Breaktfast was nice and the room was just in front of the pool so there was a nie view. I didn't expect such a wide range of food. We found everything very good.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had a wedding to attend to at a hotel nearby and this was the best location for the value! Our room was beautiful and modern with a king and sofabed and soo spacious! There was free hot breakfast too which included eggs, pancake machine, bacon, biscuits and gravy, cereal, coffee, yogurt, etc. Great value for the stay and the breakfast!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this location for a short notice business trip and I was pleasantly surprised. Though I passed this hotel initially because the entrance is not easy to see at first, I did see it on my second pass. From my check-in to my check-out the staff was exceptional. The lobby was very well appointed and my room was exceptionally well decorated. Everything seemed new. There were some very good points to this hotel and that included the pool and hot tub. I have some severe mobility problems and the hot tub was just right for me. It was quiet at my level of room. Another set of assets of this hotel and location is that: a, it was a quick drive from the Palm Springs international airport, b. there were plenty of restaurants located within a half mile of the hotel, c. it is close to the business and tourist districts of both Cathedral City and Palm Springs, however a better value than Palm Springs, and d. I have to give cudos to the staff again and again. On the downside the better tourist district is Palm Springs and anyone with common sense knows that this is not walkable, you must have a car. I will definitely do this hotel again when I have business in the area. The hot complimentary breakfast was also a plus because the dining room looks out on the pool area and has a good view of the lobby through glass wall/doors.

Room Tip: I would definitely stay away from first floor rooms, but this hotel is quiet and the beds are superb...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This place is really something else. Don't stay here. I have been booking thru Expedia for years and always had good service from Hotels. As soon as they saw my reservation was via Expedia, they placed us on the 1st floor room for disabled guests. This first floor room is next to pool and a side exit. It is really loud and the shower develops puddles on the bathroom floor. I tried to change rooms since I overheard the front desk staff tell a guest that they can move if they like. However, for me, they said 'no' that a got a 'run of the house' room with the 'cheap rate'. How insulting, this was said in front of my wife and other guests. How do you respond to that? We did not want to argue so we left all afternoon to Palm Springs hoping by the time we came back the people at the pool would be gone. The noises continued since the room was by the exit door until 1:30 am or so. Hence, no sleep! No apology was given at any point, in fact, I was told that I should of booked through them. Don't stay here unless you like bad customer service or like being treated like second class guest with no rest.

Room Tip: Don't let them place you on the 1st floor. If they do, just check out. You will get more rest a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs), responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Uli G,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. It is unfortunate service issues prevented you from fully enjoying your time at our hotel. We would like to address this further and have sent you a private message.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
West Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

It took me a long time to decide which hotel to stay in during this trip to the Palm Springs area. I read all the reviews and finally settled on this Holiday Inn. It was very easy to find from the freeway and we liked the hotel very much. The check-in person was very helpful and gave us the top floor room we had requested - it did face the car park which was a shame but it was quiet. The room was nice, the bed comfortable, the bathroom was really quite big. We had a fridge in the room which was much appreciated. Breakfast was fine, quite a lot of choice and a free newspaper. The pool area was very nice. If I were to make any comment about the pool it would be that during busy times there are not enough chairs and umbrellas for shade available. We were lucky because during the week it was like having our own private pool but at the week-end it was impossible to find a bed. Cathedral City is quieter than Palm Springs but ideally situated for travelling around the area. A very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the car park do not get the afternoon sun but tend to be a little dark.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Checking in was a breeze, great location [reasonable to Palm Springs], breakfast staff was nice [on one of the mornings, I arrived late but the attendant said no problem and got me some danishes and coffee] and the room was more than I was expecting.... I enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)? Share your experiences!