“No Maintenance” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Golf Courses, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: A scenic course overlooking beautiful mountains.
Belmont NC
4 attraction reviews
“No Maintenance”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We played this course because it was adjacent to the resort. We knew green fees were great because of the time of year. Even though it is only $10 to play, it is not even worth that. There were clumps of dead grass 6 inches deep in the fairways and your ball would disappear, even in the fairway, because the grass was so bad.

For $25-$35 per round you can play Escena, Tahquitz Creek, or Indian Springs to name a few.

Visited August 2012

Salt Lake City, Utah
25 attraction reviews
“Fun course to play!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We play this course all most everytime we visit Palm Springs. It is a fun course that goes through the community with a lot of water hazards. Some holes are tight but for the most part it was in good shape and well maintained for being summer time and slow golf season. The golf course fairways were green, the sand tracks needed some raking and the greens were in good shape. At time, the course can play slow cuz it gets a lot of members and locals. Make sure you take water and drinks to stay hydrated. I would play this golf course again.

Visited July 2012
Victoria, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Inexpensive and good condition”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Pleasantly surprised at the condition of the greens,and how pretty the course is. Enjoyed playing here very much.Would recommend.

Visited April 2012
9 attraction reviews
“Hit It straight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Very challenging course. Need to keep it down the middle. Play can be slow so be patient.

Visited March 2012
Salt Lake City
“The worst golfing experience I have ever had.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I have never spent the time to provide feedback to a golf management service, but in this case I wanted you to know how absolutely disappointed and angry I felt after playing Cathedral Canyon yesterday. My husband and I had reserved a tee time for 12:39 yesterday afternoon. We arrived at 12:00 so we would have plenty of time to get ready. We were not told anything about the situation when we got there, but we were literally "sent out" at 1:40 p.m., one hour after our scheduled tee time. Once we got to the 1st tee, we found that there were 4 groups ahead of us also waiting to get out. Needless to say, we waiting another 45 minutes to actually get onto the first tee. On every hole, we had to wait 20-30 minutes before we could tee off. That's not playing golf, that's just torture when there is no flow at all from hole to hole. It took us one hour to finish three holes. I looked at my watch and said to my husband, "at this rate, it will take us 6 hours to finish 18 holes of golf." Unfortunately, I was exactly right, and it was nearly dark when we finally returned to the clubhouse at 6:50.

There was absolutely no one left in the clubhouse or the golf shop. Everything was closed, and I couldn't even get into the bathroom, but the outside door to men's room had been propped open so they could still go. There was no one to complain to, and I'm pretty sure the golf shop personnel had already left so they wouldn't have to face irate players. There were still some groups behind us, since the course schedules tee times until 3:30 or so.

In my 30 years of playing golf, I can honestly say that this was the most poorly managed course of all time. There were no marshals on the course to keep play moving, and obviously there were far too many tee times scheduled for the capacity of the course. The only "good" thing was that the fees were $29.00 per person when scheduled through golf.now at the afternoon rate.
Unfortunately, I spent 7 hours yesterday playing 18 holes of golf, and I will NEVER golf there again. It's highly unlikely that anyone at Cathedral Canyon actually gives a crap about my complaints, but I can promise that I will share my experience on every golf course review site that I can find, so no one else has to go through what I did without at least getting proper warning.

Visited March 2012