“So good I'm going again!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay

You added Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2419 Castro Valley Blvd, Castro Valley, CA 94546 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Castro Valley
Rancho Cordova, California
“So good I'm going again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Had to be in the area for last the two weeks, 4 nights a week. Stayed elsewhere for the 1st week, but found this location on my 2nd week and made sure to book my 3rd upcoming week here again.

Rooms have the necessary amenities and were clean. The bed is very comfortable and has great pillows. Although they were a little smaller than I was used to (about the size of a larger throw pillow), there were plenty of them on the bed. There is a satellite setup for the TV and some excellent move channels offered.

Andre assisted me with booking my room and checked me in when I arrived. He pointed out all of the local restaurants to hit and if you need to find something, he'll find it for you. He did a great job of getting me set up and was more than happy to help.

Great overall experience!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CVCOMFORTSUITES, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Rich,

Thank you for your comment! It is our sincerest pleasure to accommodate you once again at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Andre is indeed a great asset to our business and I appreciate you acknowledging his services. Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance to you in booking future reservations. We value your business and look forward to serving you again!

Omar Ansari

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I visit San Fransico area often & have tried many local hotels. This is one of the few at the top of the list with reasonable rates. Clean, friendly, and safe. Away from hustle & bustle of city. Several restaurants nearby. Very attentive staff. Rooms spacious & clean. Will be returning to this hotel upon my next visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
CVCOMFORTSUITES, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you very much for your generous compliments of our hotel and staff. I will communicate your feedback to our entire staff as I am sure they will be very pleased to know their efforts are well appreciated. We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back to the San Francisco Bay Area.

Tamuning, Guam, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I flew in from Guam on Oct. 18 to attend the Centennial Birthday Celebration of his aunt during the weekend. I had requested a room with accessibility modifications to accommodate my physical challenges. Although we arrived several hours before Check-In time, Omar informed us that our room was being prepped as the previous night had been a full house and assured us that we could go up to our room as soon as it was ready. During the check-in process, I mentioned that my husband's brothers would be arriving the next day, commenting that it would be great if our rooms could be on the same floor, close to each other.

As soon as we walked in, I noticed how clean and fresh the room smelled. After 12 hours of flight, that was a great first impression. Once we turned on the light and I saw the room, I was really impressed. It was spacious and beautiful! And the accessibility modifications were perfect!! When we got back from dinner that evening, there were chocolate chip cookies waiting in the lobby -- felt like home away from home! Breakfast the next morning was quite substantial -- no Continental Breakfast here. The buffet included the requisite breakfast pastries as well as (white and wheat) bread and bagels for the toaster, scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon, batter for waffles, assorted fruits, instant oatmeal and cold cereals. There was also yogurt and hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator, orange and apple juices, and different pots of coffee (regular, bold, decaf) as well as hot water and tea bags. There was so many options, one could not walk away feeling hungry.

One of the best parts was that our room was "sandwiched" between those of my husband's two brothers! I don't know if the rooms were assigned when the reservations were made -- putting those with the same surname together -- or if it happened after I made my remark while checking in. We were just so happy to be so close to each other and, since it was the only one with 2 beds, our room became the meeting place for the other relatives who had made the wise decision of choosing Comfort Suites for their weekend stay.

We loved the free WiFi and high speed Internet, which enabled us to stay connected with our loved ones at home. When I had difficulty entering the destination on the "Never Lost" system in our rental car, I was able to use the desktop in the lobby to print out the directions. Best of all, the staff was friendly and polite, eager to ensure that all our needs were met. When I mentioned that I appreciated having oatmeal available, I was offered the option of having hotter water and/or warmed milk available.

If we ever return to Castro Valley, Comfort Suites will once again be our Home away from Home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs. MaryLou

I am very pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate your comprehensive feedback following your recent stay at our hotel. Our staff and management strive to provide all our guests with exemplary service and I am delighted that you experienced it first hand during your stay with us. Thank you for recognizing the cleanliness of our property and our fantastic staff. We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back to the San Francisco Bay Area.

Your home away from home!
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a crisis, needed a place to stay quickly that could accomodate my wife with a strained back. We arrived late with no reservations . We were very professionally helped, with great compassion and concern. We were very grateful for the friendly staff who were exceptionally willing to assist in every need. Our room was very clean, beautifully decorated, bed was exceptionally comfortable also. There was a very large group of international guests staying while we were there for 3 days. The elevator was not functioning one morning. The staff continued on as if all was under control even with so many guests on the 2,3 and 4th floors needing the elevator. The problem was immediately solved. We would have understood if we had been noticed because there were so many special guests. We were treated as if we were very, very important even with the extra pressure upon the staff. Outstanding experience and everyone went well beyond our expectations. BRAVO We will be back and we will tell our friends. the Coxes

Room Tip: We shy away from the Castro Valley traffic and felel the freeway traffic was not at all bothersome...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CVCOMFORTSUITES, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you very much for your comprehensive feedback following your recent stay with us! It was our pleasure to accommodate you under such difficult circumstances and I wish your wife a speedy recovery. Your compliments of our hotel and staff are very much appreciated and we will certainly share your positive feedback with the rest of our staff. We value your business and look forward to hosting you again in the near future!

Wishing you all the best,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Everything I needed. Where's my toothpaste? Boom. Had me covered. Internet? Pen? Maps? Every time I called, they picked up on the first ring. Friendly service even when I was being annoying. Omar at the front was especially helpful!

• Stayed October 2012
CVCOMFORTSUITES, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Jerrrbear,

Thank you for the awsome compliment! You know we got you covered, and of course, always with a smile :) I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay with us and it would be my sincerest pleasure to host you at our hotel. Keep us in mind on your next visit to the San Francisco Bay Area. Wishing you and your lovely family all the best!

Warm Regards,

Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was originally upset that I was booked at a Comfort Suites because I foolishly thought it would not be up to my usual standards. As a frequent (weekly) traveler, I prefer higher end hotels with full restaurants that are close to local attractions. But I learned a great lesson. This hotel was a great experience from start to finish. From the super friendly staff at check-in through my departure I was quite impressed. The lobby area and the rooms were spotless and the food in the lobby area was very good. Nice job converting a snob to a fan!! :-)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am very pleased to hear that we were able to meet, if not exceed, your expectations! I appreciate your generous compliments of our hotel and staff and I will be sure to communicate your positive feedback to our staff. We value your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.

Yours in Service,

Omar Ansari and the entire Comfort Suites staff!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed here for about 5 days. It was the best hotel stay I've had this year! the lobby & common areas are clean and pleasant smelling. Upon check-in I was warmly greeted hello and felt welcome. The rooms were beautifully decorated with update linens and furniture. The hotel is located on a busy street but I didn't notice it. My suite also included a safe in the spacious closet, refrigerator, & microwave. Free breakfast is also included. It's the usuall stuff, but tasty. I had a relative stay hear some years back who told me this was a great place to stay and he was right! I would stay here again and again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
CVCOMFORTSUITES, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable. It is our sincerest pleasure to host you at our hotel and I hope that I can personally welcome you back in the near future. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again!

Wishing you all the best,

Omar Ansari

Been to Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay? Share your experiences!