“Hotel compliment” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay

You added Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2419 Castro Valley Blvd, Castro Valley, CA 94546 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Castro Valley
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Elkins, Arkansas, United States
“Hotel compliment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Just a few words to share about my experience at Comfort Suites in Castro Valley, CA. I visited here on the 22nd of January and was very impressed with the hotel as well as the welcome way I was treated by the manager, (she was on duty that Sunday). I checked in and stayed until the 29th of March. My entire stay here was a very pleasant experience from the housekeeping, breakfast and the front desk (every one that works here)! I don't know how much these folks make but it's not enough. It is so well managed that it was truly a home away from home!! I have always enjoyed Choice Hotels but this one is on the very top of the list!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
CVCOMFORTSUITES, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for your comment. We thoroughly enjoyed your admirably warm and caring personality for the past two months. It was our pleasure to accommodate you at our hotel and we genuinely hope that your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable. You bring new meaning to the notion of a "southern gentleman" and to label you as such would be an understatement. Thank you for being who you are, and your presence will be dearly missed by all our staff members. Your business is always appreciated with us and we hope that you keep us in mind if you ever return to the Bay Area. From all of us here at the hotel, we wish you and your family the best.

Your home away from home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

this is one of the nicest places I have stayed they have great customer service and a nice fitness room. the rooms are good size and they have a nice kitchen area down stairs for breakfast in the morning. It has been very relaxing since I been here

• Stayed March 2012
CVCOMFORTSUITES, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thank you for your comment. We are happy that you experienced our superb customer service and we hope that your stay with us was comfortable. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us!
Monrovia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

The staff was very freindly and helpful at check in. They even recommended a handicap room for my grandmother when I forgot to acommendate her limitations. I knew I had choosen the right hotel to stay at. The rooms were very nice,clean and cozy. The bed was comfortable. The continental breakfast was very yummy. The next time I travel back to that area, I know this will be the hotel I will bring my family too. I felt safe staying there. I higly
recommend this hotel and location.Shanon was a sweetheart !

Room Tip: makesure to read all reviews to a hotel before choosing one,reviews are helpful
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
CVCOMFORTSUITES, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, March 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable. It was our pleasure to accommodate you and we thank you for recommending us. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us!
Lakewood, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

The room was large and clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the free breakfast was good (very fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, muffins, waffles, danish, eggs, sausage or bacon, etc.). The bed was very comfortable, and the room--even though it was right near the elevator--was quiet. For the money, this was a good place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
CVCOMFORTSUITES, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. It was our pleasure to accommodate you during your stay in Castro Valley. We strive to provide all our guests with affordable rates and a clean facility to stay at. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us!
Durham, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

I left my passport and green card in the room and they disappeared. The manager was very rude to me and not very helpful, she didn't want me to know who was in charge of cleaning my room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comment. I will personally look into this matter and find out what happened to your belongings. The important documents you aforementioned would immediately be turned into the front desk if found by our housekeeping. I apologize if the conduct of the front desk manager came off as rude or inappropriate and will re-emphasize the importance of proper employee etiquette to all of our staff. I assure you that if you choose to stay with us again you will not run into these problems. We will keep you updated with regards to your missing documents but so far we have not found anything in the room you were in. We appreciate your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.
Orcas Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We first arrived a week ago for a three night stay. All aspects were outstanding. We left for a couple of days to return for a week. They were full... Maria Salazar made magic. She spent several minutes and found us a room. When we returned she was on the desk. Remembered our names, the room number she had assigned three days earlier. Went up to see that the room was ready. It wasn't. She actually called us and told us when it was ready, This property is a gem. Made even more special having Maria here to greet us, what an great asset.

Room Tip: Ask Maria,she will try and match your needs to their rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
CVCOMFORTSUITES, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. Providing our guests with quality customer service is essential to the success of our business. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your feedback. We thank you for your patronage and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.
Sparta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I checked out Comfort Suites when a nearby hotel didn't meet my standards. I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted personally by the manager, Chandan, who graciously brought me a snack from the pantry when I mentioned I was a diabetic and had missed my lunch. The rooms were immaculate and beautifully decorated, and the beds were comfortable. I soon realized Chandan knew and greeted every customer by name. It was obvious that most of the customers make this Comfort Suite their home base, for obvious reasons. I plan to return next time I'm in the area. My only disappointment is that I can't count on all Comfort Suites to be managed at this same level of excellence.

Room Tip: The business floor was quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
CVCOMFORTSUITES, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you for your comment. Many of our long time guests use us as their primary hotel when traveling or doing business in the area. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to meet, if not surpass, your expectations. We appreciate your business and taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay? Share your experiences!