“Nice Hotel Bad Owner” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay

You added Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2419 Castro Valley Blvd, Castro Valley, CA 94546 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Castro Valley
West Covina, California, United States
“Nice Hotel Bad Owner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

The big problem I had was that a clerk name Chanda was being very rude, and impolite towards me. She was been so abusive to the point that she ask me if I understood English, just because I was trying to tell her that I was overcharge for my room. When I check in I was given a rate of $75.00. but at check out I was being charge 104.95. Therefore, I told her about it she told me "That is not possible." So I told her if I could talk to the manager. And she told me " If you have any problem you need to talk to me, because I am the owner. Then she told me I could not do anything cause I do not have a way to probe what I was saying.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights while working in the area and I have no complaints at all. I do recommend it to others who travel to the area.

Mayaruinsonly
Destination Expert - Guatemala

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
CVCOMFORTSUITES, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, December 23, 2011
Thank you for your comment. We value your input and we are happy that you found our hotel to be accomodating and friendly. We appreciate your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to
Castro Valley, CA.
Ventura, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

We have stayed here 3 or 4 times and have found the rooms comfortable and clean. The hotel staff is very freindly and accomodating. The last time we stayed they upgraded us. Tthis is probably the nicest place to stay in Castro Valley.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. We are happy that your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

My family and I went to San Francisco in a small trip. When we got to the hotel the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Everyone treaded us nicely, but on the day of our departure was a nightmare. The person who was at the front dest, who also claim to be the owner, was not treating my family with same kind of respect she was treating other guest. When my brother was coming from the car to the room she stop him, and told him she was not going to let him go into the room until he tell her who he was and what was he doing. Then when my mother step, my child and step out of the elevator she started screaming at my mom. Lady stop, STOP, STOP. At the moment I felt very ofended and I told my mom not to stop. Because of the way she was treating my mom. When I exit the elevator, she told me, if you do not stop I am going to report you. To what I responded. Why are you going to report me. I pay for my stay like your other guest, I respeted your employees, I tip the housekeepers and the breakfast attentant. What else do you want from me. After that I call to ask for a copy of my bill and the front desk who answer the phone told me that unless I probide them with my pay stub they were not going to fax me a copy of my bill. Then I writte a review in tripadvisor and it was not publised in the webside. a few days ago she call my work asking if I work there, and that she wanted to talk to my supervisor. Therefore I am writing this review again to ask for and apology a copy of my bill with not extra charges. Because I am very unhappy with this treadment I have recive. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
West Covina, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

My experience with this hotel was great, the staff was tip top friendly. They treated my family I well but on the last day of our stay, Chandan, the manger was extremely rude towards us, then she told us not to leave and was over pricing us for the room we stayed in.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
CVCOMFORTSUITES, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Thank you for your comment. The Comfort Suites hotel strives to ensure each guest is completely satisfied and we apologize if we have fallen short. We will look into the complaints you mentioned and we look forward to exceeding all of your expectations during your next stay with us. We appreciate your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011 via mobile

From arrival to check out this Comfort Suites location is among my favorites. All staff were attentive and truly concerned with my comfort and happiness. I have never been disappointed at the Castro Valley, CA Comfort Suites

• Stayed November 2011
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are pleased to have been able make your stay with us comfortable and enjoyable. We appreciate your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Hotel was good, clean and excellent value for money. staff were excellent and very friendly and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
CVCOMFORTSUITES, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay, responded to this review, November 12, 2011
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We thank you for your kind words and we would love to have you stay with us again. We appreciate your business and hope that you keep us in mind on your next visit to Castro Valley, CA.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay? Share your experiences!