“Old Hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Magic Mountain Area

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn Magic Mountain Area to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Magic Mountain Area
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31558 Castaic Road, Castaic, CA 91384-3910 (Formerly "Comfort Inn")   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Castaic
Murrieta
“Old Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Pictures look great, "BUT" I would advise spend the extra money and go down the freeway a couple more miles. The hotel was old, parking sucked and smelled like cigarettes for a nonsmoking room. What was up with the camera in the corner of the room? Yes a camera... Bedding old, pillows flat, furniture worn out, old bath room and counter tops, truck stop special. The only nice thing I would really say is there was lots of hot water.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 80 a night and the next night we stayed at Hilton for 120$ pay the extra tiny bit and enjoy yourself, this is a truck stop town and this hotel is a truck stop dive. No complaints we wanted to stay somewhere for cheap our choice, but I will never again because its not worth even that much

• Stayed August 2013

Travelers are raving about these Castaic hotels

Santa Barbara, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I didn't know it was possible for a hotel to suck as much as Rodeway Inn Magic Mountain Area does. Where do I even begin?

- Two power outages
- Wi-fi went out after power outages. Called front desk about it twice, they didn't care.
- Bathtub was clogged
- Bathroom smelled weird
- Flies and moths in room
- Very uncomfortable bed
- Some lights didn't turn on
- One light that did work would shut on and off randomly
- Truckers everywhere, walking around barefoot

Priceline has other hotels for $80/night in Valencia. Stay away from here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Milford, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had the misfortune of spending one sleepless night here last weekend. We were in LA on sat night and could not get a room. I called choice hotels looking for a comfort inn or qualilty inn, but nothing to be found. The representive found me this room and since it was late and we were desperate we took it. If I had read these other reviews first, we would have just slept in our car. The room was filthy. The carpet and the mattresses were old and dirty, and the tub was so disgusting that none of us even showered. I don't know if all Roadway Inns are this bad since I never stayed in one before, but I sure won't try another one to find out. I am surprised that Choice Hotel brands even endorses this place. Usually we get a really nice room by calling them. The only good thing I can say is that I watched the maid strip the beds right down to the mattress [including the comforter-which not all hotels wash every day] so at least the sheets were clean. Still didn't make me feel much better seeing how these sheets were put back on a filthy mattress.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Don't even think that it's just a night. Keep looking there is better and more affordable. There are blood stains all over the rooms, beds and linens. Air conditioners don't work. Lobby looks cleans but smells awful. Food not worth the risk. Like I said keep looking don't stay here.

• Stayed August 2012
Fresno, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

If you want a clean place to sleep with good customer service at a price under $100 (most nights, I paid $72 after AAA discount), this is the place.

Check-in was fast and pretty friendly. Mike was very kind and welcomed our last minute stay during the late night. We got room 116 and it was clean and smelled fresh. There was no blood or other body fluid that I could see first hand but there was a large puddle of water in the restroom. It was very late and we had no plans to sleep in the restroom so we didn't bother to call to complain. The room was a good size and came with the common amenities but did not have a fridge or microwave. We were doing our "room check" for any creepy things and we noticed a little box in the corner, a little concerned I checked it out to find it was a thermostat of some sort. The sheets were clean and the pillows were fine. It was a very comfortable sleep, quiet, dark and the AC was a bit loud but worked well.

My favorite thing about this place, beside the good customer service was the check-out time, NOON! Thats not common especially around theme parks. Speaking of which, Six Flags Magic Mountain is about a ten minute drive. The breakfast was ok and my kids enjoyed the fresh waffles and real orange juice, there was also a selection of cereal and other juices. The eating area was clean and had plenty of space. Ice was free and the pool was heated and also clean. Check-out was very fast and the man at the counter seemed genuinely concerned that a pipe was broken and leaking in our room. He was very cordial and checked me out quickly.

A pair of shoes my son left in the room were put aside and held for the 9 hours it took for me to pick up. I appreciated the staff making the effort to find them and see that they were returned.

This place is located across the street from a fabulous diner called Mike's that closes at 10, check it out. The parking is a little tight but ample. I can recommend if you're on a budget and aren't seeking luxury.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
North Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Terrible is being nice. My husband & I stayed here many years ago because it's close to Six Flags Magic Mountain and it was nice then. This trip was the first & last time that we stayed somewhere without checking tripadvisor first. The curtains were 2 different lengths, the bottom sheets weren't properly tucked in, the pillows were old & flat, the pillow cases thread bare, mattresses old & flat. So thankful that I took my own pillow. Our room had a dusty iron & ironing board, no fridge or microwave.

Our friends room was even more of a disaster. The foot of their bed was higher than the head. Their mattress & pillows were old and flat as well. Her husband touched the headboard & it fell off!!!!! Then there were 12 holes in the wall where the headboard had been. Their room had a fridge & microwave but no iron & ironing board. The curtain didn't close all the way. The batting was coming out of the couch. We sat on towels in the chairs because they was all badly stained-theirs & ours. The only positive thing was that there was good water pressure.

The carpet was so nasty in another friends room that they couldn't let their granddaughter play on the floor.

We usually sleep in on weekend trips, not this time. We were up and out of there early! We originally had a 2 night reservation. There was no way that we were going to stay for a second night!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Rodeway Inn Magic Mountain Area? Share your experiences!