“Very good for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Magic Mountain Area

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn Magic Mountain Area to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Magic Mountain Area
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31558 Castaic Road, Castaic, CA 91384-3910 (Formerly "Comfort Inn")   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Castaic
Prairie Grove, Arkansas
“Very good for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

This is my second time here. The rooms are clean though a bit dated. This is a budget priced motel so, that is ok. I found the room comfortable. For the location being so close to Magic Mountain, the price is very reasonable. I stayed during the week. I don't know if there is a big price increase on the weekend. There are several shops and fast food places within walking distance. It is located close to a truck stop so, expect some truck traffic. It's not too noisy though. I will stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed August 2012

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dusseldorf, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed at the Rodeway Inn for one night before spending a day at Six Flags Magic Mountain. The motel is not in the immediate vicinity of the park. It is a 10 minute drive from Castaic to Six Flags. The motel seemed to be frequented mostly by truck drivers and contractors. All the businesses on that street seem to cater to that clientel.

Registered guests at the Rodeway Inn can purchase Six Flags tickets for 31$ instead of the 61$ due at the park box office. That is a good deal. The motel itself has seen better days. The building is old and it shows, despite all maintenance and cleaning efforts. My room was spaceous with a little seating area, had a big screen tv and plenty of electrical outlets for computers and chargers. The AC unit was the loudest I have ever heard. Luckily the night was cool enough to sleep without AC. Sleep quality, cleanliness, breakfast, staff friendliness...everything was ok for a one night stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Chilliwack
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

First stop in Castaic, a nice surprise. Just a dot on the map but lots there. Several motels and restaurants. The Rodeway Inn was comfortable and more than adequate, a comfortable stopover. Left a movie player in the room, phoned them two days later and they had it in the office, we picked it up on the way back three weeks later.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011 via mobile

Nasty. The carpet gives your clean feet the heebee-jeebies. The bed is peculiarly both hard and lumpy. Pillows are 1 inch thick and made of a smelly foam-like material. It's your worst Motel 6 experience recreated at twice the price.

• Stayed November 2011

Travelers are raving about these Castaic hotels

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Me an my husband found this hotel -AAA certified -went to take a shower no hot water shower head did not work an dirty..the sink flooded when u brushed your teeth. We the next day to complain left my information an was told that a manager would call me. Never called me. We were in room 221 an I made reservations one week prior to us staying there.

Room Tip: Do not stay there
Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I didn't have any safety or cleanliness issues, but the place did seem really uncared for. The furniture was saggy worn down, the bedspreads and carpet looked like they could have been the same as what was used in the 70's. Nothing to complain to management over, but nothing to make me inclined to stay here again though. Even for a budget motel, this was pushing the limit.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I have NEVER been in a worse hotel & in my 60's, I've seen a few. It wasn't just one room we checked several but it was so late & we were so tired we had to stay. It was SO dirty & poorly kept we were afraid we'd leave with bugs on us. Took pictures to share with the management but they were not impressed. We should have slept in the car. My advice to you.....drive on!!!
Wish I'd kept the photo's to add to this review but they were so disgusting I had to get them out of my computer.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn Magic Mountain Area? Share your experiences!