“Decent motel, convenient location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Castaic Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Castaic
Castaic Inn
Save Saved
You added Castaic Inn to your Saves list
31411 N Ridge Rte, Castaic, CA 91384   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Castaic
San Diego, California
“Decent motel, convenient location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here a couple of times. Most recently, on our drive from Northern California to San Diego. We like the location, as it's conveniently located off the 5 freeway, easy to hop on/off the freeway. We have never had a problem with this place. The rooms are always clean and spacious. Our king size bed was comfortable and we had a good night's sleep. The front desk staff is friendly and more than pleasant! They were willing to assist us with anything we needed. Breakfast was fine for us (bagels and juice), as we were in a rush to hit the road. We didn't use the pool so can't comment on it. The price is good for what you would expect to get for this type of motel, so we recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Costa Mesa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

In a nutshell:
• Dirty with very strong odors
• Horrible customer service
• Back wall borders the I-5 freeway
• Sketchy clientele
This place was dirty and run down. I partly chose this place based on their claim that they were a two-diamond certified establishment certified by AAA. I was traveling alone as a female for a work training held nearby. After walking into the first room, I was overwhelmed by a strong smoke odor and what smelled like marijuana. I had specified a no smoking room, so I went and asked for another room. The second room did not smell like smoke but instead smelled like very strong cleaners. After less than 5 minutes in both rooms, my nose and throat were burning and I felt like I was having trouble breathing. I have allergy-induced asthma, so I was alarmed and decided that I could not stay there.
To compound matters, the clientele of the inn were less than desirable, and I did not feel safe as people watched me walk in and out of hotel rooms. I went to the front desk to ask for a refund for the charge she had *just* done on my credit card, and was told that only the general manager could do refunds, I had just missed them, and they would be in later around 8.
Then the phone games started. I called later that night and multiple times the next day with the same answers of, “you just missed them,” or “they’ll be in later.” I called for a few days and emailed the manager two times before I received any response a week later via email. Supposedly the manager had the flu. Also, my money could not be refunded because of their cancellation policy, which they claim is clearly printed on my reservation confirmation. I looked at my printed reservation confirmation, and there was no cancellation policy. They offered a credit of one night stay before February 2014, but why would I opt to stay there again when I could not breathe the first time? After multiple email exchanges, they still would not refund my money. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Castaic hotels

Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The parking is horrible. I ended up having to fold my mirrors in and squeeze out of my car. The continental breakfast was cereal and toast. The rooms had an odor to them and the AC unit froze up so the room got hot. It is not a ROMANTIC place like it advertises. It was not a pleasant stay. The only thing that was nice was that it was close to my family's home. I will drive farther because I will not stay here again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Goodyear, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

On June 1, 2013 attending my niece's wedding. Called ahead for reservations. I was told it would be $79. after getting there it was $89. after taxes, $99. Owner said my 72 yr. old Mother could use the Hot tub right outside our room 103., She had, had back surgery and our 4 hr. trip from Az took it's toll on her, but the Hot tub was filthy, as was the tiny pool. The screen on window looked as if someone tried to break in, the shower curtain kept coming off and we found a very large roach on the floor the following morning, maybe the extra $10. was for the roaches stay over too. The free breakfast was poor at best. Once home it's showed 3 charges pending on our credit card for this room and we had to call to get 2 of these charges reversed. I think it would have been worth the extra $30 to stay at the Marriott, Courtland, 5 miles away. Live and learn. You get what you pay for. They one good thing I can say is that the staff were nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cottage Grove, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I took my kids to Six Flags for my sons graduation. We stayed at the Castaic Inn. If it hadn't been so hot, and I so tired, I would have found another place right away. The carpet had lumps underneath, the sensor for the bathroom was on the outside of the bathroom door so on more than one occasion the lights went out on me while I was in the shower. I had made reservations for the week before, but then I changed them to the next week. They never cancelled the reservations for the prior week and I was charged for that night. When I tried to get my bill adjusted they told me there was nothing I could do. We only stayed for two nights and I am glad we didn't have to stay any longer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My teenage daughter and I rather unwisely rolled into Santa Clarita on a Saturday night with no reservation anywhere else. I was happy to find the Castaic Inn with vacancy.
Don't expect the Best Western, it's a roadside motel. However, for the price paid it's a decent value.
Unlike some of the other reviews, our room was actually clean and comfortable, though dated. The sheets, towels, bedspreads, mattresses were all clean, as was the floor. The carpets and decor were just older style.
All rooms include a good-sized bar fridge, which we needed as we had food with us.
There were more channels than expected for a motel, so we were able to find some movies to watch and unwind for the night.
The bathroom was recently renovated with bright new tiles and bathtub, however the one drawback was that the shower curtain was old and smelled like marijuana!! We used the extra towels to cover the bathroom floor and showered without the curtain, and I did let management know that the curtain should be replaced.
We didn't use the pool. Though fairly small it looked reasonably clean, we saw the cleaning guy as we checked in.
There is a simple continental breakfast included, bagels and cereal basically.
All in all, a decent stop for what you pay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a renovated bathroom.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice place to stay for the night I have stayed here twice and both experiences were great. The people were very nice the rooms were clean I mean they are no holiday inn express but no bugs the water runs tv works bed were comfortable enough to sleep. I did bring my own pillows and towels cause all hotels have small towels. Breakfast bagels/toast spread cereal coffee nothing big is very close to carls jr and to corner stores. Parking is real tight but if people knew how to park it wouldn't be as bad but that is the people not hotel. Pool is very small if that is important to you go somewhere else. There is no plastic on the bed I had rooms 222 and 224 single king bed o yeah no couch or anything you get what you get if you need room for 3 get a 2 bed and soap is in a dispenser I would bring my own toilet paper is one ply. Like I said is a great place to stay the night but not move in.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Castaic Inn? Share your experiences!