“Would not stay again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Castaic Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Castaic
Castaic Inn
Save Saved
You added Castaic Inn to your Saves list
31411 N Ridge Rte, Castaic, CA 91384   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Castaic
Bakersfield, California
“Would not stay again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The parking is horrible. I ended up having to fold my mirrors in and squeeze out of my car. The continental breakfast was cereal and toast. The rooms had an odor to them and the AC unit froze up so the room got hot. It is not a ROMANTIC place like it advertises. It was not a pleasant stay. The only thing that was nice was that it was close to my family's home. I will drive farther because I will not stay here again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Goodyear, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

On June 1, 2013 attending my niece's wedding. Called ahead for reservations. I was told it would be $79. after getting there it was $89. after taxes, $99. Owner said my 72 yr. old Mother could use the Hot tub right outside our room 103., She had, had back surgery and our 4 hr. trip from Az took it's toll on her, but the Hot tub was filthy, as was the tiny pool. The screen on window looked as if someone tried to break in, the shower curtain kept coming off and we found a very large roach on the floor the following morning, maybe the extra $10. was for the roaches stay over too. The free breakfast was poor at best. Once home it's showed 3 charges pending on our credit card for this room and we had to call to get 2 of these charges reversed. I think it would have been worth the extra $30 to stay at the Marriott, Courtland, 5 miles away. Live and learn. You get what you pay for. They one good thing I can say is that the staff were nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Castaic hotels

Cottage Grove, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I took my kids to Six Flags for my sons graduation. We stayed at the Castaic Inn. If it hadn't been so hot, and I so tired, I would have found another place right away. The carpet had lumps underneath, the sensor for the bathroom was on the outside of the bathroom door so on more than one occasion the lights went out on me while I was in the shower. I had made reservations for the week before, but then I changed them to the next week. They never cancelled the reservations for the prior week and I was charged for that night. When I tried to get my bill adjusted they told me there was nothing I could do. We only stayed for two nights and I am glad we didn't have to stay any longer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My teenage daughter and I rather unwisely rolled into Santa Clarita on a Saturday night with no reservation anywhere else. I was happy to find the Castaic Inn with vacancy.
Don't expect the Best Western, it's a roadside motel. However, for the price paid it's a decent value.
Unlike some of the other reviews, our room was actually clean and comfortable, though dated. The sheets, towels, bedspreads, mattresses were all clean, as was the floor. The carpets and decor were just older style.
All rooms include a good-sized bar fridge, which we needed as we had food with us.
There were more channels than expected for a motel, so we were able to find some movies to watch and unwind for the night.
The bathroom was recently renovated with bright new tiles and bathtub, however the one drawback was that the shower curtain was old and smelled like marijuana!! We used the extra towels to cover the bathroom floor and showered without the curtain, and I did let management know that the curtain should be replaced.
We didn't use the pool. Though fairly small it looked reasonably clean, we saw the cleaning guy as we checked in.
There is a simple continental breakfast included, bagels and cereal basically.
All in all, a decent stop for what you pay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a renovated bathroom.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice place to stay for the night I have stayed here twice and both experiences were great. The people were very nice the rooms were clean I mean they are no holiday inn express but no bugs the water runs tv works bed were comfortable enough to sleep. I did bring my own pillows and towels cause all hotels have small towels. Breakfast bagels/toast spread cereal coffee nothing big is very close to carls jr and to corner stores. Parking is real tight but if people knew how to park it wouldn't be as bad but that is the people not hotel. Pool is very small if that is important to you go somewhere else. There is no plastic on the bed I had rooms 222 and 224 single king bed o yeah no couch or anything you get what you get if you need room for 3 get a 2 bed and soap is in a dispenser I would bring my own toilet paper is one ply. Like I said is a great place to stay the night but not move in.

• Stayed October 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here in June 2012. I understand the complaints about the sensor lights and the soap dispenser on the wall. I hated both, especially the lights but I didn't have a problem with plastic on the bed or cleanliness. Both seemed fine to me. The breakfast was bad coffee and packaged danish and the pool was very tiny but the staff was very nice and I've certainly seen far worse. I didn't think it was bad at all.

• Stayed December 2011
Eagle Point, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

What other people said!, Light sensors that would not turn off, beds wrapped in plastic that slid all night, carpet dirty!! would not let the kids go barefoot. Table was dirty had to wipe it off with the Lysol wipes I brought, just ewww. Pool and spa were dirty, you could see the dirt on the bottom. Staff was nice tho.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Castaic Inn? Share your experiences!