“Decent value for a one-night stay, as a Six Flags jumping point” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Castaic Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Castaic
Castaic Inn
31411 N Ridge Rte, Castaic, CA 91384   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Castaic
Calgary
“Decent value for a one-night stay, as a Six Flags jumping point”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My teenage daughter and I rather unwisely rolled into Santa Clarita on a Saturday night with no reservation anywhere else. I was happy to find the Castaic Inn with vacancy.
Don't expect the Best Western, it's a roadside motel. However, for the price paid it's a decent value.
Unlike some of the other reviews, our room was actually clean and comfortable, though dated. The sheets, towels, bedspreads, mattresses were all clean, as was the floor. The carpets and decor were just older style.
All rooms include a good-sized bar fridge, which we needed as we had food with us.
There were more channels than expected for a motel, so we were able to find some movies to watch and unwind for the night.
The bathroom was recently renovated with bright new tiles and bathtub, however the one drawback was that the shower curtain was old and smelled like marijuana!! We used the extra towels to cover the bathroom floor and showered without the curtain, and I did let management know that the curtain should be replaced.
We didn't use the pool. Though fairly small it looked reasonably clean, we saw the cleaning guy as we checked in.
There is a simple continental breakfast included, bagels and cereal basically.
All in all, a decent stop for what you pay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a renovated bathroom.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice place to stay for the night I have stayed here twice and both experiences were great. The people were very nice the rooms were clean I mean they are no holiday inn express but no bugs the water runs tv works bed were comfortable enough to sleep. I did bring my own pillows and towels cause all hotels have small towels. Breakfast bagels/toast spread cereal coffee nothing big is very close to carls jr and to corner stores. Parking is real tight but if people knew how to park it wouldn't be as bad but that is the people not hotel. Pool is very small if that is important to you go somewhere else. There is no plastic on the bed I had rooms 222 and 224 single king bed o yeah no couch or anything you get what you get if you need room for 3 get a 2 bed and soap is in a dispenser I would bring my own toilet paper is one ply. Like I said is a great place to stay the night but not move in.

• Stayed October 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here in June 2012. I understand the complaints about the sensor lights and the soap dispenser on the wall. I hated both, especially the lights but I didn't have a problem with plastic on the bed or cleanliness. Both seemed fine to me. The breakfast was bad coffee and packaged danish and the pool was very tiny but the staff was very nice and I've certainly seen far worse. I didn't think it was bad at all.

• Stayed December 2011
Eagle Point, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

What other people said!, Light sensors that would not turn off, beds wrapped in plastic that slid all night, carpet dirty!! would not let the kids go barefoot. Table was dirty had to wipe it off with the Lysol wipes I brought, just ewww. Pool and spa were dirty, you could see the dirt on the bottom. Staff was nice tho.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011 via mobile

Name me one other hotel in the world that relies solely on light sensors in the room, with no way of manually turning them off? And beds wrapped in plastic that were as hard as a rock? Or carpets with stains on the floor and so dingy that I felt uncomfortable walking around barefoot. How about after 2 rooms, blankets with holes in them? And a door you had to manually lift up on just to lock the deadbolt? The only reason we stayed the nugget was because my partner was dead to the world. Never again.

• Stayed August 2011
White Salmon, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

This hotel was rated 2 stars by AAA - I'll inform them to check into this. The door to our room would not lock, the curtains would not pull together. The room was dark, there were not enough towels - soap consisted of push buttons in the wall. The mattresses were covered in plastic that rustled loudly whenever you moved. "Landscaping" was dirt and mud. The pool was tiny, tiny - there were 3 people in it and it looked full. The desk clerk recommended a place for dinner that was closed. The last straw was the vending machine right outside the lobby door with condoms in it!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

if you don't want to be bothered or just to get some quiet time. It's not a expensive fancy spot or a cheap sleezy spot either . For the 2 times i've stayed there in a month was perfect for us.the lake is really close lots of big rigs too....the people that work there 98% of them are very nice and helpful,hassle free.. YES.i will stay there again.... THANK YOU

• Stayed August 2010

Been to Castaic Inn? Share your experiences!