“Not so bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Castaic Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Castaic
Castaic Inn
You added Castaic Inn to your Saves list
31411 N Ridge Rte, Castaic, CA 91384   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Castaic
“Not so bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here in June 2012. I understand the complaints about the sensor lights and the soap dispenser on the wall. I hated both, especially the lights but I didn't have a problem with plastic on the bed or cleanliness. Both seemed fine to me. The breakfast was bad coffee and packaged danish and the pool was very tiny but the staff was very nice and I've certainly seen far worse. I didn't think it was bad at all.

• Stayed December 2011

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Eagle Point, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

What other people said!, Light sensors that would not turn off, beds wrapped in plastic that slid all night, carpet dirty!! would not let the kids go barefoot. Table was dirty had to wipe it off with the Lysol wipes I brought, just ewww. Pool and spa were dirty, you could see the dirt on the bottom. Staff was nice tho.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011 via mobile

Name me one other hotel in the world that relies solely on light sensors in the room, with no way of manually turning them off? And beds wrapped in plastic that were as hard as a rock? Or carpets with stains on the floor and so dingy that I felt uncomfortable walking around barefoot. How about after 2 rooms, blankets with holes in them? And a door you had to manually lift up on just to lock the deadbolt? The only reason we stayed the nugget was because my partner was dead to the world. Never again.

• Stayed August 2011
White Salmon, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

This hotel was rated 2 stars by AAA - I'll inform them to check into this. The door to our room would not lock, the curtains would not pull together. The room was dark, there were not enough towels - soap consisted of push buttons in the wall. The mattresses were covered in plastic that rustled loudly whenever you moved. "Landscaping" was dirt and mud. The pool was tiny, tiny - there were 3 people in it and it looked full. The desk clerk recommended a place for dinner that was closed. The last straw was the vending machine right outside the lobby door with condoms in it!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

if you don't want to be bothered or just to get some quiet time. It's not a expensive fancy spot or a cheap sleezy spot either . For the 2 times i've stayed there in a month was perfect for us.the lake is really close lots of big rigs too....the people that work there 98% of them are very nice and helpful,hassle free.. YES.i will stay there again.... THANK YOU

• Stayed August 2010
Grecia, Costa Rica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

While driving from Phoenix to San Francisco for the first time, I wanted to find accommodations that were about halfway and Castaic seemed to fit the bill. The Castaic Inn advertised itself as "newly remodeled" and as far as the rooms went, I suppose that was true. However, there were a few problems. The parking lot is horribly cramped -- there are signs to "park within the lines" but the spaces are so tight that once parked, it's a real challenge to try to squeeze out of your car. The landscaping is non-existent. I only mention this because there was a sprinkler system generating mud in what were probably once flower beds. Our first room smelled strongly of cleaning fluid (they told us the rugs had just been shampooed) so the nice desk clerk quickly gave us a new (and better-smelling) room. Beds were comfortable, but were still covered in the plastic packages that they were shipped in, so we had the feeling of sliding around whenever we shifted. When we asked the desk clerk about this, he replied, "That's the way the owner wants it." Advertised "continental breakfast" was very limited -- weak coffee, bagels, cold cereal. No half-and-half for the coffee. Oddly, there was only one table in the middle of the tiny lobby, so if you wanted to sit there (as opposed to lugging everything back to the room, you stood around awkwardly and waited for whomever was already sitting to finish. Back to the "newly remodeled" room. The phrase "spare no expense" obviously hadn't crossed the owners lips because everything was falling off of the walls (hair dryer, shower rod, towel bar). The plusses -- convenient to I-5 -- it's right there at the exit. Looking at the main drag of Castaic, I'm not sure if there was anything better -- If we'd known better we would have probably hauled ourselves to Bakersfield (it was a larger dot on the map) but it was at least another hour drive longer.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

We were driving through the area on our way home on vacation. We pulled off here and found this place and checked it out. It was $10-$20 cheaper than the closest 2 motels (my husband was searcing online remotely). And since we were going to be there under 12 hours, we took it. We paid $59 for 3 people (me, 2 kids) in a king size bed. A double room was quoted $10 more. But the bigger reason we took it is that their pool/hot tub were open till 11 pm, and we arrived around 9 pm, and my kids were absolutely desperate for a pool/hot tub. The lady at the front desk (owner?) was extremely nice and friendly and offered us extra towels for the pool.

Now, the room was kind of icky. First off, it smelled like smoke though it was a non-smoking room. The carpet was kind of lumpy - guess the padding under was bunched up. It had a fridge, which froze everything we had. The bathroom was nice, looking like it was recently remodeled. There were people smoking along the sidewalk in front of the rooms constantly.

We had pasta and breadsticks delivered form a local pasta/pizza place that were good.

Overall, I was satisfied. The room wasn't dirty - junk kind of stinky and old and worn. For what we wanted, I was happy to get it for a little less for 1 night. I wouldn't stay there if I were going to Six Flags for the weekend or something like that.

The pool and hot tub were quite small.

I believe it had free wifi, though my memory is fuzzy on that one.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Castaic Inn? Share your experiences!