“Nice remodeled Hampton” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Carson
California
“Nice remodeled Hampton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Nice, clean Hampton that is right off the freeway. I had a room on the opposite side of the freeway so there were no issues with noise. There are a few fast food/restaurants within walking distance. The room itself was very nice & recently updated. As others have noted, the bathroom is pretty small. Bed was super comfortable. They had the usual selection of Hampton breakfast items with plenty of seating. Overall this is a good choice.

Stayed October 2012

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
city of angels
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This location was next to the 91 freeway eastbound, so of course I asked for a room on the opposite side of the freeway. I stayed at this location at two different times during my vacay to Cali. First, when I flew in late over the weekend and again when I was to fly back after my wonderful vacay was sadly over. I would fair a guess and say that the hotel has been updated recently.On both times, the rooms were small and the restroom is also small in comparison to the other Hamptons that I have stayed in. But it did have both a fridge and a microwave - which was great. The staff is friendly and in fact allowed me to check in a little early. The beds were comfy and clean as were the rooms. I did not like the selection of tv stations avaiable and no onscreen guide to view the available channels. The breakfast was plentiful and very good. Also, there are some eateries located very close. I would return to this location.

Room Tip: Get a room on the other side of the 91 FREEWAY. It will be quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
JAPAN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We are currently completing a three day stay at this property. Over the years we probably stayed at 50 Hampton Inns and were always so pleased that we made them our choice for budget accommodations. This hotel is a bit "off" in our opinion. It is located in a delta between an on/off ramp and the freeway. While we scored a room facing the ramps, there still is plenty of noise, the windows are not double paned and the a/c beneath he windows lets in plenty of noise through the vent. The room is considerably smaller in comparison to others, the mattress feels uncomfortable, the duvet content slides down the bottom at the end of the bed, the small fridge is noisy with water circulation noises, the bathroom is tiny, the towels are of lower quality, there is a different shower curtain, but worst of all the toilet does not work right. I reported it, but the maintenance guy just smiled at me and said that it's normal to flush two or three times.
Otherwise it is a clean room, nicely appointed, with a fridge, micro wave and coffee machine. Breakfast is included with the standard offerings available. They have a small pool which we did not use. Parking is free as was the Internet. Obviously it's a very convenient location to/from the freeway. Staff was friendly. But for the price we are paying we are disappointed customers, not the usual standard. Maybe I am too picky, we were just unlucky, it's an older property. We have another reservation at a different property tomorrow, let's wait and see.

Room Tip: probably less noisy if the room is not facing the freeway
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I needed a room for one night near Long Beach for business and used Hilton Honors points to book this Hampton Inn. I've stayed here about 3 years ago and remember it being a pleasant hotel with the only problem being highway noise if you get a room facing the freeway. I requested a room on the opposite side and was accomodated with no problems.

The hotel appears to be refurbed since I last stayed here and I found it to be very nice with clean rooms and a fridge and microwave in my room.

I enjoyed my brief stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, everything went smoothly and staff was efficient and polite.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Fort Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights over the weekend. This was an excellent place to stay. The room was incredibly clean and roomy. Everything looked new and in good condition. All of the staff members were very friendly. They all seemed happy, and they participated in conversation beyond the normal minimum dialogue. The breakfast was good, but I would have preferred better eggs. These eggs must have been powdered; they were all crumbly. They did have some type of green flecks in it which may have improved the taste beyond what it could have been. You do need to be at breakfast early if you want a seat or you want to avoid the crowds around the food. When I arrived, it was quiet. By the time I finished, there were families everywhere. I tried to get seconds on some items, but there was a wait to do that. I was impressed with the quietness of the rooms. When I arrived at my room door, I could hear children yelling and playing next door. When I walked into my room, I no longer heard them. I appreciated this very much.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had booked 2 rooms for our salesmen...one of which needed to extend his stay by one day. At first this might of been an issue as they were booked but they said they would work it out...then it was a problem by having to raise the rate $80...then it wasnt a problem, then it was a problem as they were going to have him check out and check back in to a lesser room....BUT at the end of this SUNNY @ 5am {his time} came through. Our first converstation he was very sorry for all the mix ups and he would have the manger back in touch with me. With in 30 minutes Sunny called back and stated that all was worked out, rate the same and no need to change rooms. So for being 5am ~ Sunny was very helpful and very sweet! Thank You Sunny!!! You're the best!!!! I will book there again for our business trips and ask directly for Sunny!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The hotel was super clean. Not sure if it was newer or just remodeled, but the decor colors and room were really nice. Felt super comfortable there. The breakfast was typical Hampton Inn. Fortunately we were on the side not near any freeway traffic. We really appreciated that. We would definitely put it on a stop list for another trip. Very thankful for such a kind staff!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the Interstate(face the pool and front of hotel).
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Carson / Torrance? Share your experiences!