“Definitely No Hospitality, Poor Condition Rooms” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Carson

You added Motel 6 Carson to your Saves list
Motel 6 Carson
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   888 Dominguez Street, Carson, CA 90746 (Formerly Clarion Hotel)   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Carson
Santa Clarita, California
“Definitely No Hospitality, Poor Condition Rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

You get what you pay for definitely. The front desk receptionist does not care about their guests, no hospitality. The television in the room did not work and the electric outlet did not work either, the bathroom water never had a steady temperature, warm water changes drastically to hot temperature while not even moving the temp water. Very horrible experiences. I typically go to Motel 6 but I don't think I'll ever consider going to any Motel 6 ever especially with this one experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Torrance, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The rooms were remodeled with laminate hard wood floors that were loud with every step. The updated rooms were uninviting and made my mood depressed. That's not the worst part, the actual hotel owner was rude. I didn't know some of the rooms had microwaves until I called the front desk to ask about having one brought to my room because I have 2 babies and needed to warm their bottles. The rep at the front desk told me I could not have one brought to my room, but I could, in the middle of the night, go to the front desk and have whoever was working at the front desk take to a vacant room where a microwave was so that I could use it. When I spoke with the rude owner in the morning about the issue he informed that his hotel was not a 3 or 4 star. Then I found out he blacklisted me from coming again to his hotel. Wow, what a jerk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Carson hotels

Tamuning, Mariana Islands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here first part of September 2012. Checked in at around 11:30 p.m.; tired from a 6 hour road trip up north. We chose this motel cause it was close to some friends we were visiting. First thing was that the night counter person had a very poor attitude. The lady's cleaning the rooms are more friendly. If I hand you something I expect you to hand it back to me, not toss it back to me on the counter. There are no elevators and we had to carry our bags up this flight of stairs to the second floor, no problem. My thing is, the counter person did not even offer any kind of assistance.
The good thing is that the room was clean and comfortable. There are a few shopping complex within walking distance.
There is no laundry facility. Vending and ice machines only (high priced)(had to get food, drinks, etc. else where).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The hotel was having some phone issues and called us twice on the first night of our stay at 12:30 AM! (please note this was after midnight) to ask us to keep the phone off the hook because they were having problems with the phone line otherwise the phone would keep ringing during the night.
On day 5 of our stay, we again got a call just before 1AM from the front desk again asking us to please taske the phone off the hook. Are you kidding me? Day 5 and they still didn't figure out the phone issues? And how are we supposed to get any rest if they're waking us after we've already been asleep for several hour?
Such poor service. Oh, and their site says Complimentary breakfast but that is not true. Ther is no breakfast there. They should probably update that.

Room Tip: Take your business elsewhere.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed here for 2 weeks late july and Aug this year, couldnt fault the staff at all. We had new rooms which were nice, but had no where to hang clothes fridge microwave hairdryer etc, asked for an iron still waiting. The security at this hotel was awful scary place at night, and no rules of the pool were followed, broken glass every morning. A lot of homeless families staying, but that didnt bother us. Dog smell in corriders was overwhelming, wont be returning, save hard and go somewhere that you feel safe. And the building work going on master scaffolders ha ha , held up with tape. Oh we got locked out our room for an 1hr and a half no help what so ever, just told us our son had locked us in, he was sound asleep, all things were going through our heads. not good...

Room Tip: I f you have to stay we had room 117, was liveable out your suitcase.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

They tried to put us in a room that was damp with mold all in the bathroom and walls. Carpets were still damp. It was disgusting. They moved us but that's it. They didn't even assure us the room would be shut off! My lungs were hurting along with the other 3 people

• Stayed July 2012
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Reserved a NON smoking room. Hallway reeked of smoke. Room not too bad. Cigarette burns in the comforter. Air conditioner thermostat knob was broken off so only the fan worked. That was just the first 15 minutes. After spending the next day out, came back to the room in the evening, the room had not been serviced. Beds still unmade, no fresh towels/linens. Called to ask why and to at least get fresh towels and was told "all we have are hand towels you can try tomorrow." O...K...? Had plans so I wasn't able to pursue this further right then. Came back from event around 1:30am. Key card wouldn't unlock door!! Seriously!?
We went to the front desk(1:30am) to figure out why. Somehow we had been checked out of our room and put in another. ???
The night manager was the bright spot. Not the most talkative or engaging guy, He just took care of things. We asked about the towels and like a magician he produced 4 of everything.
The following days were better. The day before checkout 1 of the key cards stopped working. We had 2 so didn't bother getting it fixed. The last morning we were woken,hours before check out, by a knock at the door. I answered it and it was the cleaning staff ready to service the room. He said (pointing to paperwork) "Oh, My list shows you as checked out already." I told him we were checking out today.

We did get a $25 refund for our troubles. That was good.
Bottom line, I would only stay here if everything else in a 30 mile radius was sold out.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Motel 6 Carson? Share your experiences!