“Best Chili cheese fries” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 65 Restaurants in Carpinteria
Boise, Idaho
“Best Chili cheese fries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Located 1 block from the city beach in Carpinteria. The best chili cheese fries ever! You can sit outside and eat, a mini walk up burger joint.

Visited August 2014

Oregon, Wisconsin
“Delicious food; food-allergy aware staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We are staying in Carpinteria (from Wisconsin) in a condo right near the beach, and our local friends recommended that we try The Spot for lunch. Our kids (ages 8 and 9) have food allergies (dairy-egg-nut), which sometimes makes it a challenge to eat out, especially at small food stands like this one. Luckily for us, it was not a problem at The Spot! We mentioned the allergies to the woman at the window, who did not make us feel rushed, despite the line behind us. We explained what the kids wanted to order, and she informed us of the ingredients and assured us what would be safe.
My husband and son ate burgers (one with cheese and the works; one plain with ketchup), and both declared them to be delicious. My daughter tried the chicken tacos, and she said they were "literally the best tacos" she had ever had. She happened to mention this at least three times during our meal. I had the fish burger, and my only complaint was that it was really, really messy. The bun was WAY too small and weak to stand up to the lettuce, tomato, onion, and sauces included. Don't get me wrong; it was delightful...just messy. I ended up having to eat it with a fork, discarding the bun entirely by the end. We also split fries and onion rings, both of which were really good, especially the onion rings...crunchy and delicious! I had to have a chocolate shake, too, which was good but unremarkable.
All in all, this was a great experience, including the shady outdoor seating, which we enjoyed as it allowed us to people-watch while we ate! We will go back for lunch today, each of us trying something new this time!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
so cal
“First place to go when we arrive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We vacation in Carp every summer at least once. We live about 2 hours away give or take on traffic. My plan is always to leave early enough to hit the spot for lunch. It is must do every year. My fave is their regular cheesburger and chocolate shake. So yummy! One year we featured the Spot in our Christmas card: "Merry Christmas from our favorite Spot." When I know Carp is coming up I begin to crave the spot. Seating is in short supply when there is a lunch rush so you need someone to order and another to grab tables (TGF kids!). You also must have cash or you can hit up their ATM in their (limited) "indoor" seating.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, ca
“Love this little place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Spot is a great place to go to grab a quick bit! The burgers are fantastic and one of my favorite places to go to when in Carp. The location is great as it is on the way to the beach. Not very expensive and great place to go when having a beach day.

Visited September 2013
“Summer beach lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is a great open style regular kind of burger stand...u wait a few minutes...get a table....and your food is ready...lots of people to watch... walking around...playing at the park...standing in line...hamburger, onion rings, soda..$8.50...