“Really good food 1 block from the beach” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 65 Restaurants in Carpinteria
Burbank, California
“Really good food 1 block from the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Aptly named little food shack with indoor and outdoor seating. They have a pretty varied menu from fried fish and shrimp, to burgers and dogs, even mexican food. My husband and myself went with another couple and we each got something different to try the place out. I got a regular cheeseburger and onion rings, my husband a bacon burger and chilly fries, and our friends got fish and chips and shrimp and chips respectively. I didn't taste the fish or shrimp but they both said it was very good. The burgers, if i had to guess are their claim to fame. Excellent...fresh beef, not frozen and hand formed patties with soft delicious buns make a pretty great burger. My husband said the bacon on his burger was perfectly cooked and not overly salty. the onion rings were good but not great as were the chilly fries. I would definitely come back for the burgers, shrimp and fish, but the side orders were just ok. We did not have any shakes or malts, but they are very popular as almost all of the people around us tried them. Definitely worth the stop for a great burger at a good price. And because it's at the beach, bathing suits, and all manor or beachwear is perfectly acceptable.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Las Vegas, Nevada
“This place hits the SPOT!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We just had to try The Spot, because there was always a line to eat there, no matter what time of day it was! Well, the Spot did not let us down. It was GOOD. Hambergers, shakes, hot dogs and more, YUM!! Perfect beach food, fast service, good food, try it you'll like it!!!

Visited August 2012
California
“Adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Small burger shack near the beach. Very convenient location when you find yourself starving on the beach. I got the fish and chips last time. It was pretty average. I would get it again. The pineapple milkshake didn't have enough pineapple in it. Lots of parking in the back.

Visited July 2012
El Dorado Hills, California
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I grew up in Carp and the spot has always had the best burgers. I live in Northern Cal now but we visit Sanata Barbara and Carpinteria often. I now take my teenage daughters and they love it too. We always know we will get the best burger and fries. Yummy~

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thousand Oaks, California
“Great local ''spot'' -- must try when in Carpinteria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Loved the burger shack feel. Great food, quick and I think they now serve breakfast. Very old time beach feeling with fun atmosphere and fair prices. Be sure to get there early for whatever meal you are aiming for. Locals and tourists alike love this place.

Visited June 2012