“For the money....not bad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Carpinteria South

You added Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Carpinteria South to your Saves list
Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Carpinteria South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5550 Carpinteria Avenue, US 101 North at Bailard Avenue, Carpinteria, CA 93013   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Carpinteria
phx
“For the money....not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2005

Based on the mixed reviews i had some trepidation about staying at this motel. It is very plain. no pictures on the walls, no coffee maker, tiny towels you get the picture. It is very clean. What really convinced me it was a good deal is that every time i asked the desk to have some small item repaired it was done immediately. For example the light was out in the bathroom, the repair guy came up and it was fixed. The nob was missing on the bed light he fixed it. This is not a deluxe motel but for the location it is more than adequate.

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2005

I just got back from Motel 6 in Carpinteria. Although it is a "no frills" motel, it was certainly clean and comfortable. The motel is located in a tiny beautiful beach area and convenient to a Santa Barbara and Solvang. As for traffic, it is just off the highway, but I thought it was very quiet.

If you're just looking for a place to sleep, this is very reasonable. The one thing that they didn't have available was hairdryers. Other than that, there was coffee every morning in the lobby and coffee makers and refrigerators were available if needed.

I will definitley stay there again when I'm in that area.

• Stayed August 2005
Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2005

My wife and I were goint to attend a wedding in SAnta Barbara and money was a bit tight for us so we decided to spend a night in this area at this establishment. How bad could it be?...I asked myself, this is Carpenteria, a wonderful beach community. I'll say this much, you do get what you pay for. When we were walking towards the lobby, we noticed in one room there were at least 11 people sitting all over the place smoking and had their sleeping bags all over the room. There were also about 30 kids running up and down the exterior corridors from the pool area and back and it was 9:00 PM!!! When we got to the lobby there was an actual menu of room prices. YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT ROOM? Anyway, not good atmosphere and very noisy. I found later out the welfare department puts up welfare recipients at Motel 6s. I think I saw some that night. We cancelled and got out of there in a hurry. Never again

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2004

I've been taking weekend getaways at this hotel for years. The desks clerks have been,by and large, fine...there's always an exception, no matter where you go...the poor desk clerks won't last, if they are that bad. My rooms have always been fine...these are discount motels, they don't furnish all the best like Best Western. There's a niceview of the mountains...very restful...always get a room not facing the pool, if you can...much quieter...here's a secret...at night, you can walk a few streets south and find a footbridge over a creek containing thousands of frogs all croaking in the springtime...a wonderful experience within walking distance. I always liked to arrive on the Friday before the last Saturday of the month, when the Carpinteria Natural History holds their monthly flea market...sometimees you may get to meet and talk to visiting celebrities like Jonathan Winters... he may even perform a character right before your eyes! All in all, I have had mostly good experiencesabout Motel 6 and would reccomend it to travelers. P.S. Feel free to e-mail me if you would like to find the thousand frogs footbridge...one of Carpenteria's best kept secrets.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2003

As soon as we arrived to the hotel, we thought, hmm not bad judging it from the outside. The front desk guy was extremely rude. He had no manners what so ever. I could not believe how rude he was. Well, that was only the beginning. The room was a scene out of a bad movie. Total sleeze bag room. It smelled so bad, the bed was broken in the middle.
The bath tub was gross. I could not sleep all night and we checked out at 6am! THis was on the 4th of July weekend when I knew there would be no other hotels available but I wanted to take my chances. Anything would be better that to stay there another night

Been to Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Carpinteria South? Share your experiences!