“Padaro is perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Los Angeles, California
“Padaro is perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The Padaro Beach Grill is the perfect seaside stop for great food, views, service and atmosphere. Yes it is a casual burger joint but there is nothing causal about the quality of ingredients and unique choices. My favorite PBG sandwich is the grilled teriyaki chicken in a lettuce wrap with Sweet potato fries. Everything on the menu has exceeded our expectations. We would continue to go back to the PBG even if the food was average just for the view. The grill sits along the beach in Carpenteria, which is beautiful and secluded. Unlike the beach restaurants in Ventura that have ongoing situations with the homeless the PBG is safe and very kid and family friendly. The have a large grassy outdoor eating area with sandboxes and kid friendly seating.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Santa Barbara, California
“Beachside dining al fresco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The best part, besides comfortable outside dining, and being right next to the ocean, is the plate of sweet potato fries, regular fries and onion rings. What genius thought up that awesome combo?

The noise from Hwy 101 is a tiny bit annoying, but seeing and hearing the train hurtle past makes it worth it. We were there on a perfect 72°F day, with no wind. You might need a jacket, on less warm days.

We shared one of the best veggie burgers I have ever had. And, of course, shared the sinful fries/rings plate.

It is a great location, with loads of parking. You serve yourself, and the kids at the counter are friendly and very helpful.

Try it, you'll like it. I fully intend to go back again, if only for the thrill of feeling the train rumble on by.

Visited January 2013
Murrieta, California
“Bring your little ones”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This place had a wonderful atmosphere and though it was just 2 of us, we noticed how accommodating they are for families. It is very casual and the food is wonderful. I would definitely love to stop here again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Surprisingly reasonable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Some friends wanted to eat here. I was expecting it to be over priced because it is right on the beach. However everything was very reasonable. The food was yummy. The sweet potato fries were cooked just right and hamburger was delicious. My husband and I also split a bbq chicken salad which was quite generous in size and tasty. The weather cooperated for us so sitting outside was no problem. There is no indoor dining.

Visited December 2012
Santa Barbara, California
“Great setting, non-impressive food, dirty facilities”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The setting for this restaurant is great, especially for kids. The bathrooms were the most disgusting, dirty bathrooms I've seen in a long time, especially for being inside the restaurant itself, pretty close to the kitchen. I wouldn't say the staff was overly friendly. The portions of the food were small. I ordered the shrimp tacos which were $8.95... I got two of the smallest tacos I've ever seen. They were tasty, but I would have happily paid more for perhaps 3 tacos on the plate- part of the experience of eating there is the setting in which it's placed by the beach, so it's not a matter of money eating there, it's a matter of ordering an entree that will fill you up (and I am not a big eater). I also ordered a side ceasar salad... which was good but nothing that knocked my socks off. The outdoor is eating area is wonderful. There are big tables in a large area. This is a great place to throw a party or large gathering.... just order plenty of food!!

• Visited September 2012