“Fabulous first time surf experience!” 5 of 5 stars

805.708.9878
Website
Improve this listing
Toronto, Canada
“Fabulous first time surf experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

My husband and I spent a few days in Montecito/Santa Barbara and wanted to try everything including surfing. We chose Santa Barbara Surf school based on other trip adviser reviews and we were not disappointed. Greg was a great patient instructor and got us standing up and riding waves on the first day. He took us to a great spot with perfect beginner waves and taught us what to look for and how to be safe in the ocean. We are hooked and look forward to bringing back the whole family.

Visited April 2012

Sacramento, California
“Fantastic surf lessons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I took my 15 year old and two friends to Santa Barbara for volleyball camp. They wanted to try surfing. So on a recommendation on Tripadvisor I picked Santa Barbara Surf School. What a fun time the girls had. We met up with the instructor and followed him to the beach. After a lesson on getting up and balance they took off for the water. After a few tries they were up and riding the waves in! Best 65.00 I've spent in some time. We will differently do this again.

Visited July 2011
reading, uk
4 attraction reviews
“Great surf experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

My wife and I used Santa Barbara Surf School and the instructor Greg was a fantastic teacher.
Having tried and being frustrated to surf in Wales I really enjoyed the methods employed by the surf school and I was standing on my very first effort.
Greg seemed to know where the good waves would be and all in all our two hour lesson ($65) was a very good experience.