“Good value, excellent service.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 24 Restaurants in Carmel Valley
Cuisines: Mexican
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Good value, excellent service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Really good service from a chatty waiter who couldn't do enough for us. Food was good value and plentiful.
Sometimes it is the service that's makes a good meal and they have got this right.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Charleston, South Carolina
“Breakfast Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

While in town for a family wedding and staying at the Blue Sky Lodge we happened upon this empty place with low expectations but with enough room for our party of 7!
What a terrific surprise that place has a fantastic breakfast!! In fact returned with a party of 10, 2 days later! Everyone was pleased with their breakfasts ranging from Monteray Eggs Benedict, breakfast Burritos, steak & Eggs, yogurt granola parfaits, fresh fruit and cinnamon French Toast and Belgium waffles! All topped off with great coffee! Wait staff were very friendly and attentive. We ate out on the deck and had to move the umbrellas around with the frown of the waiter but sun was pretty intense! Very convenient and a real gem for breakfast. Just don't come in a hurry, since we had so many people it was slow but we didn't mind at all enjoying the company of family!

Monterey, California
“chips so disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was really craving chips & salsa and some serious Mexican food. Plaza Linda had been recommended to me by a co-worker, but boy was I disappointed. I arrived during what should have been the peak dinner rush on a Saturday night. There were only 3 other tables occupied besides my own. Uh oh. My friend and I ordered drinks and then the chips & salsa were brought out. They were stale. Like, a few days old reheated or really old oil used, stale. I asked the server if he could bring some fresh chips. He returned to tell me that those were the only ones they had and that they wouldn't make any more. On a Saturday night?! We went on to order our meals, the chile relleno was alright but nothing exciting. I really wanted to love this place and was super bummed to be let down by the food. The restaurant itself looks great and I wouldn't change a thing about the ambiance & decor. They even have cool fire pit tables. But they won't get more customers if they don't change something about the food.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“A real find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed a few days in Carmel Valley while visiting California and just happened to try this place. It is great! The food is wonderful, seems Mexican to me but there are other influences from Central America I think.The staff are charming, prices are very reasonable and you can sit at the bar or inside or out on the deck.A very good Bloody Mary and great
breakfast menu too.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carmel Valley, California
“Consistently great food at very reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I am so glad this placed moved from its former location. They took over a building which was previously the Volcano Grill and kept most of the decor and furnishings. The atmosphere is very nice - modern but earthy, and the patio is a delight on good weather days (you can pretty much count on that in Carmel Valley). Food is always good and very consistent. Don't believe what you read about it being too expensive. I usually get a beef burrito combination plate (the burrito is done "enchilada style" - covered with sauce and cheese) and comes with delicious sides of rice, black beans and cole slaw for $9.95! That plus all the chips and salsa you care to eat and I walk out stuffed and happy every time.
Try this place, you'll like it!

Visited June 2014