“Pure Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
San Diego, California
“Pure Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

If you truly want one of the most incredible meals anywhere the Corkscrew Cafe is the place the atmosphere is truly romantic light really anything you want it to be so when you visit beautiful Carmel Valley do not miss it!!!.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Phoenix, Arizona
“Personal Charm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I love the ambiance of this place! I took my husband here for his birthday on a recommendation from a local (you know it's a good place when a local highly recommends it!). We arrived only an hour before closing, but this place did not have a turning-away feel to it as many locally owned restaurants may have just before closing. They were very accommodating). The place was only a block away from our lodge (a great place called Carmel Valley Lodge). There is a warm ambiance in the dining room although we sat out in the patio as it was a nice warm evening. We told our waiter that it was my husband's birthday and he asked, "oh! do you like red or white wine sir?" He then promptly gave us both a glass of wine on the house and refilled his for free as well. We ordered the fire roasted trout (excellent) that had a butter sauce , broccolettes, and fingerling potatoes. We also shared the roasted beet salad that was a tad on the small side especially for being over $10. For desert, we had the chocolate mousse which was excellent as well.

Visited October 2013
Richmond, United Kingdom
“Worst Pizza I have ever eaten”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Don't have the fig pizza it hasn't got enough topping on it and it's very dry and charred on the bottom.I sent it back and the next one wasn't any better! My husband had a different variety and his was lovely .They need to rethink this topping.Spoilt our whole night.

Visited October 2013
San Rafael, CA
“Good Lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by one of the staff at a winery we had visited earlier in the day. The exterior, facing a parking lot, would not have attracted us to the place, but once inside the atmosphere was very pleasant - rustic, comfortable. (We didn't see the patio - it was a very hot day and we decided to eat inside.)

The menu was varied but relatively small, not trying to be all things to all people. While making our decisions, the waiter informed us that they had just finished making gazpacho, traditional tomato based but with mango added. I love gazpacho so that was a go for me. In addition I ordered a BLT. Our friends got the BLT and an heirloom tomato salad.

The gazpacho was great; the mango added a pleasant complexity and slight sweetness. The tomatoes in the salad were in season and tangy-sweet. The BLT's were very good but the toasted bread was slightly burned. We mentioned that to the waiter, and he apologized and said he would tell the cook. (I'm surprised at how many times I get burned bread in various restaurants - it shouldn't be too hard not to burn the bread, but maybe no one complains?)

The ingredients in our food were very fresh and the preparations light-handed. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, despite the burned toast!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice setting, excellent food, service could have been better (dippy waitress) all in all I would recommend this restaurant. The short ribs were excellent .

• Visited September 2013