“Elegant and delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French, Californian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Laureles Grade
San Francisco, California
“Elegant and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had New Year's Eve dinner here, and it was well planned and prepared. There were three choices I each of six courses, all sounded yummy. The Wagyu beef is the best I've had. Service was not as polished as we have had there before, but still professional. The dining room is beautiful and the dishes, flat wear, and crystal are lovely.

• Visited December 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Fantastic dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

My wife and I ordered the chef's multi-course tasting menu which was excellent - right-sized portions, creative and delicious, served by friendly and accommodating staff. They allowed us to split a wine pairing, which greatly added to the dining experience.

Visited November 2013
“Beautiful presentation and outstanding cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is fine dining at it's best. Professional service without being pretentious. Some of the prettiest looking dishes we have ever seen. Interesting, seasonal ingredients and delicious preparations. Truly a special meal!

Visited November 2013
Solvang, California
“Wonderful flavors-Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had my birthday dinner at Marinus at the Bernardus Lodge in Carmel Valley. When making reservations they ask if it is for a special occasion, and I told them it was for my birthday. When we arrived, we were given menus and mine was a special birthday menu with my name on it. They give you the menu at the end of dinner along with a card singed by the staff. Nice touch. The food and service were absolutely wonderful. The beet salad was the best ever, according to my wife. I had the portobella mushroom soup with goat cheese and truffle oil. It was so thick and rich, absolutely delicious. My wife ordered turbot, delicate and beautifully presented and I had venison loin, prepared perfectly. One of the best dinners we’ve had. And like everywhere on the Bernardus property, the staff was amazing, so helpful, friendly and welcoming. It was a great evening.

• Visited October 2013
Monterey, California
“Great Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Ambience was great, food was delicious, and they had a huge selection of wine list. Portion of food should have been larger. My husband ordered scallops from entree menu and was served with 2 scallops.

• Visited October 2013