“Wonderful flavors-Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Marinus At Bernardus Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French, Californian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Laureles Grade
Solvang, California
“Wonderful flavors-Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had my birthday dinner at Marinus at the Bernardus Lodge in Carmel Valley. When making reservations they ask if it is for a special occasion, and I told them it was for my birthday. When we arrived, we were given menus and mine was a special birthday menu with my name on it. They give you the menu at the end of dinner along with a card singed by the staff. Nice touch. The food and service were absolutely wonderful. The beet salad was the best ever, according to my wife. I had the portobella mushroom soup with goat cheese and truffle oil. It was so thick and rich, absolutely delicious. My wife ordered turbot, delicate and beautifully presented and I had venison loin, prepared perfectly. One of the best dinners we’ve had. And like everywhere on the Bernardus property, the staff was amazing, so helpful, friendly and welcoming. It was a great evening.

• Visited October 2013

Monterey, California
“Great Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Ambience was great, food was delicious, and they had a huge selection of wine list. Portion of food should have been larger. My husband ordered scallops from entree menu and was served with 2 scallops.

• Visited October 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Best special occasion meal we have had in quite sometime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

from the cocktail to the wine selection and finally the Black Truffle Risotto - over the top. Just exquisite.

Visited September 2013
“Exceptional restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I did ordered the tasting menu. Everything was absolutely delicious. I wanted to lick the plates clean! The dessert was underwhelming. It was smaller than I imagined. I know after 5 courses of delicious food, guests might feel full. But I felt the chocolate buttermilk cake should have been larger.

Visited September 2013
“Fabulous place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Extraordinary food. While not cheap, it is a GREAT value. Would go back tomorrow. Fabulous wine list. Extraordinary presentation.

• Visited August 2013